UBC is excited to announce that their 4 Years Doctoral Fellowship Program is offered for 2023-2024. If you are eager to start your Doctoral studies at UBC, this is the perfect opportunity to get financial support! Check out the UBC Four Years Doctoral Fellowship Program below.
- Country of origin: Canada
- Funded by: University of British Columbia
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: A doctorate program
- Duration: It is for four years
- Deadline: Round the year/Program specific
What is the Four-Year Fellowship Program?
The University of British Columbia (UBC) Four Year Doctoral Fellowship Program (4YF) 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students offered for Doctoral studies. It comes with a stipend & full tuition coverage for four years. The Four Year Fellowship Program is designed to attract the best & brightest international students to UBC and allow them to pursue a doctoral degree in any field of study. The Fellowship Program is an excellent opportunity for those interested in advancing their career & gaining an exceptional education. The fellowship will not only provide financial support but also allow successful applicants to develop the skills and experience necessary to succeed in their chosen field.
Who is eligible to apply for the program?
• Be an international student
• Make sure you have earned a Master’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent
• Be pursuing a Doctoral degree program at UBC
• Have a GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.33 (or equivalent) for the latest degree earned
• Demonstrate English language proficiency
• Demonstrate outstanding academic excellence & research potential
• Comply with all other requirements imposed by the university
• In all cases, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for regular funding.
Vanier Scholarships, Doctoral Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGSD), CIHR Doctoral Research Awards, NSERC Doctoral Postgraduate Scholarships (PGSD), and SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships holders immediately qualify as 4YF designates. Once their external scholarship funding expires, doctoral students who receive Tri-Agency scholarships may be eligible for a 4YF stipend and tuition support until the end of their fourth year of PhD studies.
Other significant external award winners chosen as 4YF designates may be eligible for 4YF tuition coverage. They will receive a 4YF stipend and tuition assistance once their external scholarship money expires, up until the conclusion of their fourth year of PhD study.
How to apply for the program?
- All PhD candidates who are admitted are automatically considered for 4YF support.
- Each year, a certain number of Four Year Fellowships are allotted to each graduate programme. Graduate programmes evaluate their new and current students and award Four Year Fellowships to the absolute best, giving new students preference.
- Graduate programs submit a signed University Award Recommendation Form with the award number 6456 to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, informing them which candidates have been selected to earn a Four Year Fellowship.
- At least eight weeks before the requested 4YF start date, recommendation forms must be submitted.
Applying for the University of British Columbia Four Years Doctoral Fellowship Program (4YF) is easy. All of the following are the steps to take
Step 1: Create an Account
The first step in the application process is to create an account on the UBC Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies website. Once you have created your account, you can log in and access all necessary information related to your application.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
All the required documents must be gathered before you can submit your application. This includes official transcripts, letters of recommendation, a CV or resume, a personal statement, and other documents as required. All documents must be submitted in the correct format for them to be considered.
Step 3: Submit your application online
Once you have gathered your required documents, you can submit your application online. You will need to provide your personal information, and academic information, and answer any questions that are asked on the form.
Step 4: Submit Your Application
Once you have filled out the application form and submitted all your documents, you can submit your application. Double-check all of the information you have provided & ensure that everything is accurate before submitting.
Step 5: Wait for the Results
Once your application has been submitted, all you can do is wait for the results. Depending on the number of applications received, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months for your application to be processed.
It’s also important to remember that the 4YF program is highly competitive, so it’s important to put your best foot forward in your application. Put time & effort into making sure all of your documents are accurate and up-to-date, and make sure that you present yourself in the best way possible in your statement. With some hard work & dedication, you could be the next recipient of this prestigious scholarship!
What are the benefits of the program?
• A four-year stipend of $18,200 plus full tuition coverage.
• Opportunity to explore research areas of study at UBC while having financial support.
• Allows students to devote full time to their studies and research with less financial worries.
• Enhances a student’s ability to develop academic potential in their interest.
• Enhances a student’s professional network with access to global academic resources.
• Enhances international academic collaborations and exchange of knowledge.
• Possibility of joining university committees, participating in events, and even representing UBC as ambassadors.
• Opportunity to work as teaching or research assistants during the program, which will help them gain additional experience that could benefit future job prospects.
For future PhD candidates who meet the eligibility criteria & are interested in earning their doctorate at the University of British Columbia, this fellowship is the ideal start to a life-changing adventure. Don’t delay! Apply today!