The Killam Scholarship and prize program were started in memory of Izaak Walton Killam. It began with the Will of his wife. The primary aim of this program is to support advanced research and education at five top Canadian universities. The Killam post-doctoral research fellowship is part of this program that is awarded annually.
- Country: Canada
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: University of British Columbia
- Degree Program: Postdoctoral
- Scholarship Amount: $50,000 annual stipend and $4,000 travel allowance
- Deadline: 9th Nov 2023
The primary aim of the Killam post-doctoral research fellowship is to bring outstanding students from around the world and to engage them in innovative research processes. This is done to help the scholars develop leadership skills, which they could utilize to support a wider community.
The eligibility requirements for the Killam fellowship program are as follows:
- The applicant must not have a PhD degree from any University of British Columbia campus.
- The candidate must have obtained a PhD degree up to 24 months before the starting date of the fellowship program.
- The candidate must not be a faculty member at any other university or college.
- The applicant must be outstanding at conducting research and should be able to contribute to the subject with excellent work.
- The researcher should not be biased and not have a strong personality that reflects their intellect.
- Applicants from all around the world can apply for this scholarship
- The applicant must be able to fully understand, speak and explain in the English language.
- The applicant should have strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Those applicants will be preferred who don’t already hold the post-doctoral fellowship.
- It would be best if you had groundbreaking research to win this fellowship successfully.
Find our full list of PhD Scholarships for international students here.
How to Apply
Before applying, you must verify certain documents from your home country. This includes verifying the photocopies of the academic documents to ensure that they are consistent with the records. You must also attest those copies and get them stamped with the university’s official stamp.
After that, follow the steps to apply for the Killam post-doctoral research fellowship.
- Collect all the original copies of your academic documents.
- Get all the copies attested by your university.
- Put all the documents in a sealed envelope and submit it to the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, attention Killam Postdocs, 6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver BC V6T 1Z2.
A successful candidate will win a $50,000 annual stipend and a $4,000 travel allowance each year of the fellowship.
The candidates who have successfully taken the fellowship should make the UBC campus their base during the fellowship. The candidates can take up to three months of research trips each year. The applicants who couldn’t get the Killam post-doctoral research fellowship due to their ineligibility can look for more opportunities at other Killam institutes by referring to the Killam trusts.
In case of any queries, you can directly email them at [email protected].
You can find full list of scholarships in Canada for international students here.