Many fully funded scholarships are available for international students who want to study abroad. Top-notch universities worldwide offer more than 500 Ph.D. scholarships for international students.
Mostly these scholarships are offered by the Government, and the rest are provided by institutions, universities, and organizations.
The scholarship programs will help you study at the university of your dreams. These scholarships cover necessary funding expenses, including items like tuition fees, flight tickets, monthly stipends, research allowance, health insurance, and others.
Here is the list of fully funded scholarships granted by the top-class universities in the world with their details:
If you want to study in Japan with fully funded scholarships, this is the best option for you.
- These scholarships provide tuition fees, accommodation, flight tickets, and monthly stipends. To study in Japan, you don’t need to have a language proficiency certificate like IELTS or OET; it is optional to know the Japanese language too.
- They announce the scholarship details and application forms in April every year.
- There is no limit to the courses; all the subjects are available for your under graduation, master’s, and Ph.D. program.
- Institution to Study: Recipients of the MEXT Scholarship can study at any of the universities in Japan that MEXT has designated.
- Official Website: www.mofa.go.jp
These scholarship programs are arranged for both ASEAN and non-ASEAN countries. Students from different countries come to Thailand and study at Chulalongkorn University.
- There is no limit to the courses you can choose from while selecting the majors for your Ph.D. studies.
- The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for the award-winning students. It also gives 1600 Baht for the monthly allowance and accommodation charges while living there.
- Students from African countries get 20,000 Baht for air travel expenses, while students from other countries get 12,000 Baht for flight tickets.
- Anyone can apply for this scholarship if they meet the required criteria except those already enrolled in the university for more than one year.
- Official Website: www.academic.chula.ac.th
Ton Duc Thang University Graduation Scholarship:
It is a fully funded government scholarship for all international students. The students can pursue not only Ph.D. but also master’s and post-doctoral levels in Vietnam.
- The language proficiency test depends upon the medium you chose for your studies, which can be English or Vietnamese.
- These fully funded scholarships will cover full tuition fees and accommodation charges for every recipient.
- The eligibility criteria depend upon the academic excellence of the students.
- The university offers 50 fully funded scholarships and 30 50% scholarships for international students annually.
- Official Website: www.admission.tdtu.edu.vn
If you want to study in top-ranked universities in the United Kingdom with fully funded government scholarships, then this is for you. This scholarship program was established in October 2000 with about 210 million dollars.
- If you receive this scholarship, you will get a chance to study at the University of Cambridge.
- This scholarship is for Ph.D. students and master’s degree students only.
- They offer 80 fully-funded scholarships yearly, from which about two third of these awards go to Ph.D. students. Every student will get £17,500 per year as an annual stipend. Besides this, they also provide the recipients with £15,612 for family expenses and £2000 for academic development.
- Official Website: www.gatescambridge.org
This scholarship system was founded in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The main aim is to build healthy relations with different countries and provide international students with the best opportunities. Tempus Public Foundation manages the scholarship program, and the ministry of foreign affairs supervises it.
- The students will study their selected program in Hungary.
- This program provides 43,700 HUF monthly as a monthly stipend to the scholarship recipients. They also receive 65,000 HUF as medical insurance annually and about 400,000 HUF for monthly accommodation charges.
- Official Website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Yale University was founded in New Haven, Connecticut, in 1701. Initially, it was founded to teach clergy, but it started offering many other programs. This scholarship system provides fully funded scholarships to international students to support them financially.
- This university is ranked among world-class universities and provides its Ph.D. students with fully funded scholarships.
- Almost every student receives a scholarship covering their monthly stipend, tuition, and hospitalization fellowship.
- The scholarship provided by Yale University scholarship varies from hundred to $70,000 every year.
- Official Website: www.finaid.yale.edu
Chinese Government Scholarships is a fully funded scholarship for all international students at 280 Chinese Universities and more. The primary aim of this scholarship is to strengthen culture, education, trade, mutual understanding, and cooperation between China and other countries.
- Students from across the world are eligible to apply for a Chinese government scholarship but should only possess this scholarship granted by the Chinese Government.
- This scholarship system is available for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. students.
- This scholarship covers basic health insurance, accommodation, and up to 3500 Yuan monthly expenses.
- The process requires online application submission to apply to the selected universities at the CSC portal.
- Official Website: www.studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
Knight Hennesy scholarship program in the United States is the best scholarship provided to international students worldwide. It is ranked among the top universities in the world and offers 100 fully funded scholarships for international students to complete their master’s and Ph.D. studies.
- It provides a platform for students to develop leadership skills. This scholarship system provides recipients with a stipend for academic and living expenses.
- It covers full tuition and associated fees. It also provides them with a traveling allowance.
- Official Website: www.knight-hennessy.stanford.edu
DAAD scholarships offer fully-funded Ph.D. programs for international students worldwide, depending upon their academic excellence and scores. The recipients will get a chance to study for their doctoral degree program in the top-ranked universities in Germany.
- These scholarships offer a one-year fully-funded program to all the students and a fully-funded complete program to the students of developing countries.
- Most students get a monthly allowance of about 1200 euros per month.
- In some cases, they also provide travel expenses, medical insurance, and off-research expenses.
- Official website: www2.daad.de
The U.S. Department of state sponsors these scholarships. Fulbright scholarships are for students who belong to under-developed countries, minorities, and backward areas which are deprived of basic facilities.
- The primary purpose of the U.S. exchange program behind these scholarships is to develop healthy relations with other countries and provide deserving students with the best opportunities.
- The students will study in U.S. academic institutes. The scholarship applications are open from February to October every year.
- Fulbright scholarships cover every student’s tuition fee, health insurance, monthly stipend, and flight-ticket expenses.
- Official Website: www.foreign.fulbrightonline.org
Fully-funded government scholarships in turkey allow the most deserving international students to pursue studies in the top-ranked universities in Turkey.
- Besides Ph.D., they also offer undergraduate programs and master’s as well.
- The duration and stipend depend upon the type of program that you are choosing.
- For Ph.D., they give almost 1600 TL per month to every student.
- These scholarships will also cover the first flight ticket and a return-back ticket to your home country, tuition fees, accommodation charges, and health insurance.
- There are almost more than 1300 courses that you can choose from for your degree.
- Official Website: https://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/
Muhammad Bin Zaid University scholarships
A wide range of courses are available for you to continue your Ph.D. studies by getting the MBZUS.
- The university is located in Dubai, and the students will get free air-travel tickets to travel to the country and a return ticket to their home country after completing their course.
- The scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the whole program, monthly allowance, accommodation, and meals.
- There are primarily engineering-related courses available for the Ph.D. program in different majors.
- Besides academic activities and scores, you also require English language proficiency test scores, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS, to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Official Website: www.mbzuai.ac.ae
Fund for the Memory of Margaret McNamara
The fund for the Memory of Margaret McNamara is a non-profit organization that provides educational scholarships to females from developing nations who are researching in the United States or Canada. The organization was established in 1981 in memory of Margaret McNamara, a World Bank economist who dedicated her life to promoting the advancement of women. Here are some key points about the MMMF scholarship:
- Scholarship amount: The MMMF offers awards of up to $15,000 to eligible women applicants. The exact amount of the award is determined based on the applicant’s financial need, academic performance, & leadership potential.
- Country to study in: The scholarship is available to women from developing countries who are studying in the United States & Canada. The MMMF prioritizes applicants from countries that have limited educational opportunities for women.
- Institution to study in: The MMMF supports women studying at accredited universities in the United States or Canada.
- The degree to be studied under the scholarship: The scholarship supports women pursuing Ph.D. degrees in any field.
- Official Website: www.mmmf-grants.org
International students worldwide are eligible to apply for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for future fellowship scholarships.
- This scholarship system provides female financial support who are continuing their graduate education in STEM fields. Besides financial support, this scholarship provides access to networking opportunities and mentorship.
- A Master’s degree is compulsory for this scholarship. For Ph.D. programs, the scholarship is about USD 50,000 per year, and for post-doc, 40,000 per year.
- Official Website: www.fftf.slb.com
- The American University in Cairo Fellowship is for international students with qualifications, experience, and desire to continue their Ph.D. studies in Egypt.
- This fully funded scholarship program covers a monthly stipend, full tuition fees for both semesters, health insurance, student housing, research funding, and a laptop.
- The recipients need to submit their application two weeks before the deadline. Students without any degree or holding a diploma are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Official Website: www.aucegypt.edu
The University of South Australia provides a merit-based scholarship to international students wanting to complete their Ph.D. studies in Australia. The applicants are offered full research training and skills to improve their employment chances.
- This fully funded scholarship program covers the full tuition fee for about 4 years of Ph.D. The program covers 2 years for a Master’s degree in research. The students must have proper health coverage because this scholarship does not provide OSHC.
- Official Website: https://i.unisa.edu.au/students
Are you looking for an opportunity to pursue your PhD studies in Europe? The International Max Planck Research School PhD. Scholarship 2024-25 is the perfect opportunity for you! Don’t miss out on this fantastic chance! Apply now!
- Country of origin: Germany
- Funded by: International Max Planck Research School
– Fully funded scholarship for international students.
– The agreement covers social benefits, including health insurance and pension contributions.
– Net take-home pay for PhD students is a minimum of 1,700 Euro per month.
– Opportunity to conduct independent research in one of the Max Planck institutes or research groups in Germany.
– Guidance and mentorship from experienced faculty members and research supervisors.
– Access to world-class research facilities and laboratories.
– Visa support and assistance from the Max Planck Institute.
– A chance to participate in exchange programs and international conferences is possible.