Standardized testing can be stressful for many people. The time needed to study for these tests is precious, as are the funds needed both to take them and to prepare for them. If you are looking for a standardized test preparation solution that has been around for over 35 years and has a wonderful reputation among its peers, look no further than the Princeton Review.
Understanding of common issues
One of the first tenets of the method used to help test-takers at the Princeton Review is to understand the most common reasons people will miss questions on standardized tests such as the SATs. The top three most common reasons are the following:
- The test-taker does not choose the most effective method by which to solve the question at hand.
- The test-taker misunderstands the question being asked.
- The test-taker wastes precious study time attempting to memorize everything that could potentially be on the test.
What sets the Princeton Review apart?
There are four factors that the Princeton Review says that set them apart from other standardized testing preparation services on the market.
- First, they emphasize productive preparation. Their courses are designed to make the most of every minute spent studying, helping students study in a smarter and more impactful way.
- Secondly, they stress the importance of quality content and delivery. Their courses are not one size fits all: Their FREE PASS courses are specifically designed, for example, to be completed online.
- Thirdly, they work hard to find engaging teachers at their brick and mortar locations as well as online. They look not only for proven expertise but also for people with a sense of humor to make the learning process fun and easy. These teachers are also put through a rigorous certification process to make sure they can provide high-caliber services.
- Finally, the Princeton Review Guarantee sets this service apart in a monumental way. If a student goes through the Princeton Review course of their choosing and his score on the test, they practiced for does not improve, the student can get their money back for the course. This guarantee shows exactly how confident the Princeton Review is in their various curricula.
Different tutelage options
After examining the main reasons students perform at a lower level than they would like to, the Princeton Review has developed a number of different test-taking packages available through their website, as well as books that can be purchased to aid in a student’s study efforts.
This package, the most popular option offered by the Princeton Review, guarantees at least 1400 on the SAT if the student already has a score of 1160 or higher on the SAT or an equivalent score on the PSAT. If the student does not score higher than 1400 after taking this course, they will receive their money back.
Why the number 1400? It’s a score that will make a student more appealing to a top 30 school. It’s a score that can go a long way towards determining whether the student will receive merit-based aid from the school of their choosing.
- This class provides 36 hours of instruction to help students make their way to at least a 1400 composite chart. These courses can be completed online at home or in one of the Princeton Review’s many brick and mortar locations.
- The instructors for the 1400+ Course program have a great deal of experience with identifying the questions on standardized tests that can trip up even the best test-takers. These instructors can prepare students with strategies to help students answer even the most challenging questions on the SATs.
- Sometimes taking practice tests can feel like a drag if the student is being tested over and over on concepts they know well. The Princeton Review’s Big Data System uses artificial intelligence data to make sure students are only being tested on the information that they’re looking to study. The system will present the correct problem types at the correct levels to optimize study time and make people the most efficient during their study sessions by attacking their specific weaknesses.
- An on-demand tutor is also available if people are struggling with a practice problem or a particular concept. This can cut down on time spent confused and trying to work out one problem and allow for more time thinking critically and strategically.
Full product details of SAT 1400+ Course
- Expert instruction
- 4 practice exams with proctors
- 20 extra practice tests
- On-demand tutoring 24/7
- Personalized study plan tailored to student’s needs and lifestyle
- ACT and SAT self-paced preparation
- PSAT self-paced preparation
- SAT Advantage
For people who are trying to prepare for multiple standardized tests at the same time, then the Ultimate Course package from the Princeton Review is a great place to start looking. Combining a powerful set of analytics with intense focus during classroom time, this package will help students prepare for the SAT, as well as the ACT and PSAT, within 18 sessions as well as unlimited access to the Princeton Review’s online video lessons.
This package includes three full-length, proctored exams, as well as additional single-section and full-length practice tests. The 18 class sessions are supplemented with unlimited access to SAT Advantage LiveOnline sessions.
- There are also personalized and tailored homework assignments, as well as customized study plans and goals for the student’s specific study pace. An interactive goal setting tool to track improvement can also help increase productivity and effectiveness.
- The online features of the Ultimate Course package make it an even better deal. Not only are the on-demand lessons a treasure trove of helpful information designed to help students excel on their standardized tests, but there are also full and comprehensive score reports from practice tests, over 2,000 practice questions available for extra work, expert SAT Advantage instructors who can help students stumped on a question, and a personalized study plan to help each student study in the ways that work best for them. A full set of printed materials is also included with the purchase of the Ultimate Course package from the Princeton Review.
- In addition to this variety of SAT preparation methods, the Ultimate Course package is also equipped to help students excel on the ACT and PSAT, with both single-section and full-length practice tests for the ACT, over 140 online ACT prep video lessons, and practice tests, strategies, and lessons related to the PSAT.
If the Ultimate Course package sounds like something that the student in your life could benefit from, find a session that aligns best for the date they want to take their standardized test and place your order now!
For students who are driven enough to be able to improve their score without the added inclusion of classroom sessions, the Princeton Review has a self-paced plan to cater to their needs as well. Although there is an SAT-specific self-paced package, the combined SAT/ACT self-paced package provides more than enough assistance and information to help students excel at both of these standardized tests, as well as at the PSAT.
- There are extensive practice materials online, including 377 practice drills, over 3,200 online practice questions, and both single-section and full-length practice tests for both the SAT and the ACT. The Princeton Review Recommendation Engine is a great tool to use to find practice drills and sets that will do the most to help students study smarter based on data from their online practice results. There are also sections for PSAT preparation and practice.
- New features of this revamped self-paced Princeton Review program provide practice question review sessions for both the SAT and the ACT, as well as online video lessons corresponding to various Advanced Placement subjects, such as U.S. Government, U.S. History, English Language, World History, and Chemistry.
This course is offered online, wherever it is most convenient for the student using it for preparatory purposes.
The most personalized approach offered by the Princeton Review is their private tutoring sessions. The company recommends private tutoring as the best choice for students who lack a large amount of time to prepare for their tests, who may need more personalized help than the average student, and who want guaranteed improvement in their test results. All the private tutors for the Princeton Review initially begin as classroom instructors, and through gaining experience as a classroom instructor, they can undergo additional sets of rigorous training to become a private tutor.
- This service is available in person or online. The Princeton Review will match expert tutors to the student depending on the student’s goals. Students who choose this private tutoring program option will also have access to a tutoring manager who will be there for support and guidance throughout the preparation process.
- In addition to full-length and single-section practice tests, students using this program option will also have access to over 2,000 test questions and all SAT LiveOnline sessions.
- To allow for open communication between the tutor and the student, custom-built apps are used to track progress, scheduling, and other extraneous communication.
- If desired, ACT and PSAT prep are also available through the private tutoring option. The tutoring program gives students access to over 140 video lessons created by ACT experts, as well as practice tests, lessons, and strategies concerning the PSAT.
- There is also the Tutoring Plus option, which not only guarantees that the student will always be prioritized and matched with the best tutor available but comes with a concrete guarantee of at least a 150-point boost in their SAT scores.
When purchasing a tutoring plan, customers can choose from the following:
- Intro tutoring: 3 hours of tutoring
- Targeted tutoring: 10 hours of tutoring
- Comprehensive tutoring: 18 hours of tutoring. This is the most popular option utilized by students.
When buying a Targeted or Comprehensive tutoring package, customers will also receive a one-hour exclusive college admissions counseling session. The college counselor can address topics such as school choice, how to select and register for the best courses to give your application a leg up, how to make the most of your summer, how best to plan any upcoming visits to colleges or universities, and how to ask teachers or mentors for stellar letters of recommendation.
The Princeton Review offers many different opportunities to prepare for standardized tests in a number of different ways, depending on the student’s skill level, ability to focus with or without an instructor present, and the amount of time they have to prepare for the test. If you are looking for an SAT prep plan that works for your needs and lifestyle, make sure to check out the Princeton Review to see if one of their many packages work for you.