Do you want to apply for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship for 2024-2025? This guide can help you learn what it is, who is allowed to apply, and how to apply. We also have some tips to help you get accepted. Keep reading to find out more!
- Country of origin: UK
- Funded by: University of Oxford
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Master’s degree & MBA
- Duration: Two years
- Deadline: 5th Jan 2024
What is the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship?
The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship is an annual scholarship program that provides financial support to five talented international students each year. The scholarship is provided by the University of Oxford in partnership with the Pershing Square Foundation & offers full tuition fees, living expenses, and some travel grants.
The scholarships are available for both the Master’s & MBA years of study at the University of Oxford. Recipients of the scholarship are selected based on their academic excellence, leadership potential, & commitment to making a positive impact on the world. This scholarship is an amazing opportunity for international students looking to pursue their education at the University of Oxford.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
-Be a national of any country outside the UK
-Hold an offer to study a full-time, one-year master’s or MBA course at the University of Oxford
-Have an outstanding academic record
-Demonstrate a commitment to improving the lives of those living in cities & communities across the world
-Be able to demonstrate leadership skills & potential
-Be able to show that you are a good fit for the values of Pershing Square Foundation, including personal excellence, collaboration, & social impact.
-You must not have already completed, or be currently studying, a course at the University of Oxford.
-Try to make a career where you can help solve big social problems. Think of ways to make sure the solutions you come up with can keep working for a long time.
-Must provide evidence of a financial need
-A clear understanding of how the Oxford 1+1 MBA can help you achieve your goals.
How to apply for the scholarship?
- Begin your application by visiting the official Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship website. Click on “Apply for the Scholarship” & follow the instructions to create an account.
- Once you have created your account, you will need to fill out the application form, which will include sections about your academic background, extracurricular activities, & career goals. You will also be asked to submit a personal statement outlining why you would make a great recipient of the scholarship.
- After submitting your application, you will need to provide references from two referees. You should select people who can speak positively about your academic achievements, character, & professional experience.
- Applicants may also need to complete additional assessments as part of their application, such as interviews or aptitude tests.
- Once all documents & assessments are complete, the selection committee will review your application and make a decision regarding your eligibility for the scholarship.
- All successful applicants will be notified via email and will be invited to attend an award ceremony at Oxford University to formally accept the scholarship.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
– Fully funded tuition fees for both the master’s and MBA year
– Living allowance of £15,609 allocated for two years & travel grant
– Dedicated mentor
– Access to exclusive internships, events, and workshops
– Chance to interact with a number of top industry professionals
– Opportunity to learn from faculty members at the University of Oxford
– Access to dedicated career support
Tips for Getting Accepted
- Read the application instructions thoroughly and be sure you comprehend all the requirements. Make sure you follow all instructions carefully & make sure you meet any deadlines.
- Showcase your academic achievements in your application. Highlight any awards, honors, or achievements you’ve earned, as well as any research projects, papers, or presentations you’ve participated in.
- Use strong examples to showcase your leadership skills & other personal qualities. Give concrete examples of how you have demonstrated your commitment to pursuing a career in business.
- Make sure your essays are well-written & tailored to the scholarship requirements. Make sure they are clear, & concise, & demonstrate why you are a great applicant for the scholarship.
- Have someone review your application before submitting it. A second opinion can help make sure you’re providing the best possible representation of yourself.
- Be proactive about the process by reaching out to people who have been awarded the scholarship in the past. They may be able to provide you with helpful advice & tips.
- Follow up with the selection committee after you have submitted your application. This shows them that you’re committed to getting accepted & it may increase your chances of success.
Q: Is it possible to apply for the scholarship after already started my studies at Oxford?
A: Unfortunately, no. You must apply before starting your studies to be eligible for the scholarship.
Q: Does the scholarship provide any additional support or mentorship?
A: Yes, scholars receive mentoring & leadership training and have access to a global network of alumni, industry leaders, and philanthropists.
Browse through the official website https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/oxford-experience/scholarships-and-funding/oxford-pershing-square-graduate-scholarships for more details.
The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship provides full funding for both master’s and MBA students at the University of Oxford, offering an amazing opportunity to study at one of the world’s most prestigious universities. Don’t miss out on this special chance – apply now and prepare for a bright future!