In this blog post, we’ll tell you all you need to know about this generous scholarship program, which will let you study abroad & minimize the financial burden.
- Country of origin: USA
- Institutions: Stanford University, Harvard University, The University of Chicago, The University of Pennsylvania.
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: A Bachelor’s degree & a Master’s degree
- Duration: Four years for Bachelor’s degree & two years for a Master’s degree
- Deadline: 31st July 2024
Who is Onsi Sawiris?
Onsi Sawiris is an Egyptian business magnate and philanthropist. He is the founder of the Orascom Group, a leading international conglomerate in the telecommunications and construction industries. Onsi Sawiris has had a long-standing commitment to education and has established several scholarships for international students to help them pursue their studies abroad. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is his latest effort to make higher education more accessible to those from around the world. This scholarship provides financial assistance for undergraduate & postgraduate studies in any field at top universities worldwide. With the scholarship, awardees will receive full tuition, living expenses, health insurance, and travel costs to their place of study. It is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to gain an education abroad.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship will cover the full cost of your tuition fees, allowing you to focus on your studies without worrying about financial worries.
- You will receive a living allowance to help cover your living costs while you are studying overseas.
- The scholarship will also cover your travel expenses & provide health insurance for the duration of your study period.
- As part of the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program, you will have access to a range of professional development opportunities. These will help you build valuable skills & experience for your future career.
With so many great benefits, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is the perfect opportunity for ambitious international students to pursue their education abroad.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is open to international students who meet the following criteria:
-Must be a citizen of Egypt. Preference is given to residents over non-residents.
-Plan to pursue a master’s degree in business administration or engineering at one of the best universities in the US.
-Be committed to return to Egypt for two years directly after completing their bachelor’s degree.
– Must be accepted into an undergraduate or master’s degree program at an accredited university in one of the eligible countries
– Must demonstrate academic excellence & a commitment to service, leadership, and innovation
– Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent on a 4.0 scale.
– iBT TOEFL: 100 or above
– A national of one of the nations eligible
– Must not have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree
– Must demonstrate financial need
– The age range for applicants is 18 to 25.
For Undergraduate Scholarship
New SAT (starting in May 2016): Total: 1450 Reading and Writing with Evidence: 730 Math: 730 or 600 on the SAT II in all three subjects
For Masters Scholarship
3 years of Scholarship
MBA – GMAT: 650 or above
GRE scores: Minimum: 302 Analytical Writing: 4.5
Required documents for this scholarship application
When submitting your application, please ensure you have the following documents available:
- Official academic transcripts
- Copy of test scores
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Two Recommendation letters
- Personal statement
- Copy of passport or other proof of citizenship & residency status
How to apply for the scholarship?
Here’s what you need to do if you’re considering applying:
Step 1: Check Eligibility
First, check to see if you’re eligible for the scholarship. You must be an international student from any country who has been accepted into an undergraduate or master’s program at an accredited university. You must also demonstrate financial need.
Step 2: Prepare Your Application
Once you’ve checked that you meet the eligibility criteria, it’s time to start preparing your application. You’ll need to provide official documents such as transcripts, proof of acceptance into a degree program, a financial need statement, & two letters of recommendation.
Step 3: Submit Your Application
Once all of your documents are ready, submit them through the online application portal. You’ll need to include a personal statement that outlines why you feel you’re a good fit for the scholarship.
Step 4: Follow Up with the Selection Committee
Once you’ve submitted your application, be sure to follow up with the selection committee. Send them a polite email asking if they have received your application and request updates on their decision-making process.
For undergraduate scholarship
For Master’s scholarship
- Is there an essay component for the application process?
Answer: Yes, applicants are required to submit an essay of no more than 500 words explaining their motivations for applying and how they plan to use their education to make a positive impact in their community.
- Are part-time students eligible to apply?
Answer: No, only full-time students are eligible to apply for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program.
- Is there any special information I should include in my application?
Answer: It is important to include accurate and up-to-date contact information, as well as any extracurricular activities or volunteer experience you have participated in that might strengthen your application.
In conclusion, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is an incredible opportunity for international students to pursue their dreams of higher education abroad. With full tuition coverage, a living allowance, travel, and health insurance all included, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship could be the key to unlocking a brighter future. Don’t wait, take action today and apply for this amazing scholarship!