This is a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for motivated, goal-oriented international students, take the initiative and read on!
- Country of origin: USA
- Funded by: Selected USA Universities
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: This is a non-degree program
- Deadline: Before 1st Oct every year
What is the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program?
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program is a fully funded non-degree program scholarship offered to international students. The American Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs collaborates with the Institute of International Education to administer the program. It provides a year of professional enrichment and academic coursework for mid-career professionals from developing countries. It aims to develop leadership skills, build expertise, and promote mutual understanding between citizens of the United States & other countries.
The fellowship offers educational opportunities in public and private sector areas such as public health, communications, public administration, economics, environmental protection, urban and regional planning, agricultural development, engineering, law, and public policy. Participants receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes full tuition and fees, standard room and board, textbooks, a one-time sum for the purchasing of a PC, and a Professional Development allowance.
Furthermore, each participant will have access to various networking and career development services, including job search counseling and job placement assistance. Fellows are also expected to participate in a variety of activities designed to enhance their cultural understanding and appreciation of their host country. During their time abroad, they will have the opportunity to attend community forums, workshops, and lectures hosted by local organizations and government agencies. By engaging in dialogue with local experts and thought leaders, fellows can gain invaluable insight into their country’s culture and society.
Additionally, fellows will be able to participate in civic engagement projects related to their field of study and engage in volunteer activities within their local communities. In this way, they can not only gain real-world experience but also contribute back to their host country.
Who is eligible for the fellowship?
- International students from designated countries
- Candidate must possess an undergraduate degree or its equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership in their fields
- A passion for social change & public service
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience is needed.
- Fluency in English (TOEFL scores are required)
- No restrictions on age or gender
What benefits does the fellowship provide?
- Fully funded tuition for non-degree studies
- Standard room & board expenses covered
- Textbooks provided
- Allowance is given just once for a computer’s purchase
- Professional Development allowance
- Opportunity to engage with public, private, & nonprofit sectors
- Professional networking
- Professional growth & development
- Opportunity to engage with some of the world’s top universities, including Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and more.
- Professional certifications & qualifications
- Cultural exchange & international experiences
How to apply for the fellowship?
- Gather required documents: Applications for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship 2022-2023 program require a range of documents including academic records, official transcripts, proof of English proficiency, two letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a resume/CV.
- Apply online: Applicants must complete the online application and upload the above-mentioned documents to be considered for the fellowship.
- Submit materials: After submitting the online application, applicants must submit all required documents to the Humphrey Fellowship Program office at the University of Minnesota before the deadline.
- Interviews: Following submission of the application and documents, applicants may be selected for an interview with a panel of experts. The purpose of this interview is to assess qualifications, language proficiency, and motivation to participate in the program.
- Final selection: Final selections for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship will be made in February or March of each year and announced shortly thereafter. Those selected for the fellowship will be asked to confirm their acceptance within one month.
By following these simple steps, you can apply for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022-2023 and start your journey toward a world of opportunity!
1. Who is eligible for the fellowship?
Answer: The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program is open to mid-career professionals with five to seven years of experience who have a strong record of public service in their home country.
2. What qualifications do I need to apply for the fellowship?
Answer: Qualified applicants should possess a strong record of public service in their home country, five to seven years of professional experience, & proficiency in written & spoken English.
3. Are there any costs associated with the fellowship?
Answer: No, all costs associated with the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program are covered by the scholarship.
4. How can I find more information about the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program?
Answer: You can find more information about the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program on their website, as well as contact the program directly via email or telephone.
5. When will I receive notification if I am accepted into the program?
Answer: You will receive notification of acceptance or rejection to the program within a few weeks after your interview.
Visit https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/ for more information about the program and to start your application today. On the website, you’ll find a list of former fellows and their profiles so you can learn more about their experiences and successes as Humphrey Fellows.
This fellowship is an incredible opportunity to grow professionally and personally and make a positive impact on their home countries. If you are interested in applying, don’t hesitate – to apply now and take advantage of this opportunity to make a difference in your life and the lives of those around you.