Scholarship Overview

  • Country: Sweden
  • Scholarship Type: Merit-based
  • Institutions: Mid Sweden University
  • Funded by: Mid Sweden University
  • Tuition Type: 75% Tuition Fee Reduction
  • Degree Program: Masters
  • Scholarship Amount: N/S
  • Separate Application Required?: Yes
  • Deadline: 28 February, 2024.
Join our Telegram Channel to Get the Latest International Scholarship Alerts and Tips.

Scholarship Benefits

  • This scholarship accounts for 75% of the tuition costs. The scholarship does not cover the remaining 25% of semester tuition fees, nor does it include travel expenses, living expenses, or any other costs, which must be financed through alternative sources.
  • The scholarship recipient will not receive any funds directly. The awarded scholarship sum will be subtracted from the tuition fee bill that the student will receive. Furthermore, once the final 25% of the tuition fees are settled, the student will get an email confirmation regarding the tuition fee payment. A distinct scholarship certificate will not be issued. 

Mid Sweden University will notify the Swedish Migration Agency of the tuition fee’s payment, negating the need for a payment certificate for the residence permit application. Upon arriving at the campus, a scholarship agreement will be provided to the student.


Individuals from non-EU/EEA/Swiss nations who must pay tuition and have submitted applications via University Admissions for any of the specified programmes by January 15, 2025, and have settled the application fee by February 1, 2025, are eligible.

  • Master in Tourism 60 credits
  • Master in Tourism 120 credits
  • Master Program (one year) in Business Administration, Marketing and Management
  • International Master’s Programme in Computer Engineering
  • International Master’s Programme in Ecotechnology and Sustainable Development
  • Master’s Programme in Electrical Engineering
  • Master by Research in Biology
  • Master’s Programme (one year) in Additive Manufacturing
  • Master by Research in Computer Engineering
  • Master by Research in Electronical Engineering – Autonomous Sensors
  • Master by Research in Electronical Engineering – Detectors and Multispectral Measurement Systems
  • Master by Research in Electronical Engineering – Intelligent Systems
  • Master by Research in Electronical Engineering – Smart Cameras
  • Master by Research in Engineering Physics
  • Master by Research in Media and Communication Science

How to apply

  • The Mid Sweden University Tuition Fee Scholarship application period commences on February 12, 2024, and concludes on February 28, 2024. Students who have submitted their program application via and fulfilled the application fee payment by the specified deadline will be sent a link to the scholarship application form through email.
  • Applicants will need to provide a written statement detailing their reasons for selecting the specific study program and discuss how it pertains to their professional growth.

Find full list of scholarships in Sweden for international students here.

Additional Information

Notification regarding the outcome of the selection will be communicated to applicants via email by no later than the 30th of April, 2024. Ensure that the email address provided on your application form is accurate, as it will be the primary means of communication. Scholarship recipients must respond to the offer of the scholarship within a five-day period.

Official Website