- Country: Sweden
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: Umeå University
- Funded by: Umeå University
- Tuition Type: Full and Partial tuition
- Degree Program: Masters
- Scholarship Amount: N/S
- Separate Application Required?: Not needed
- Deadline: 15 January and 9 February 2024.
The scholarships provided take the form of tuition waivers. Chosen recipients are granted either a complete or partial exemption from paying the tuition fees.
Annually, in alignment with the Autumn semester admission, Umeå University makes scholarship awards available to students who have demonstrated academic excellence and high achievement.
You are invited to submit a scholarship application if you:
- hold citizenship from a nation not within the EU/EEA or Switzerland,
- have finalized your master’s level programme application (prior to the 17 January deadline) and settled the application fee by no later than 1 February,
- have listed a Umeå University programme as your first choice on the University Admissions portal.
Decisions are made purely on academic accomplishments. The Vice-Chancellor’s office has designated a committee responsible for the selection of scholarship recipients.
How to apply
- Upon the opening of the application form, students who are eligible will be sent an email containing instructions on how to apply.
- Eligibility is strictly for applicants who have prioritized a Umeå University programme as their top choice, as well as those in their second year of a master’s programme at Umeå University (that is, students currently in their first year of master’s studies).
Should you be an eligible student and have not received an email by the date the application form opens, please reach out to: [email protected].
Current students at Umeå University who plan to continue their studies in the upcoming academic year are also encouraged to apply.