What we will cover?
- Country: Australia
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: University of South Australia
- Funded by: University of South Australia and industry partners
- Tuition Type: Full tuition
- Degree Program: Master’s and PhD
- Scholarship Amount: $32,500 annually paid fortnightly plus Tuition Fee waiver
- Separate Application Required?: Not needed
- Deadline: Rolling intake, applications open all year
Stipend Amount: AUD 32,500 minimum annual stipend (2023 rate)
Living Stipend: Financial support to cover basic living costs
Fee Offset: Covers a portion of tuition fees
Payment Frequency: Fortnightly installments
Tuition Fee Waiver Duration:
PhD: Maximum 4 years
Master’s: Maximum 2 years
Health Insurance: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) included with preferred provider BUPA
Thesis Allowance: A separate allowance to support thesis costs
Review the Offer Closely: Ensure all details like amount, duration and conditions meet your needs.
Duration: Scholarship benefits are provided for a limited period of the degree program
The ERS program aims to attract high-calibre international researchers by providing both financial assistance and connection to industry partners. Scholars receive funding to support their studies and living expenses so they can focus fully on developing research skills and knowledge over the duration of the award. This helps foster collaborations between academia and industry for impactful research outcomes.
Outstanding international students undertaking research degrees.
Basis for Award: Academic merit and research potential shown in the application
How to apply
- Research degree applications are made through the secure online portal.
- Applications must be made to a specific project listed on the Research Projects page.
- Some projects offer living allowance scholarships. All list the Principal Supervisor.
- New projects are regularly added, so complete the Expression of Interest form to receive updates.
- To develop your own project, review guidelines and contact Graduate Research Admissions.
Steps to apply
Check your eligibility by reviewing degree entry requirements.
- View research projects currently accepting applications.
- Projects will list availability of scholarships.
- Contact the Graduate Research team with any other questions.
- Complete the online application form associated with your chosen project.
Before Accepting an Offer:
- Applicants must carefully review the Scholarship Benefits and Conditions document.
- This outlines all terms, requirements, and policies scholars must agree to.
All international students offered this scholarship must fully understand the obligations and regulations as defined in the relevant documents. Thoroughly reviewing this information is compulsory before accepting the scholarship.