What we will cover?
- Country: Australia
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: Curtin University
- Funded by: Curtin University
- Fuding Type: Fully Funded
- Degree Program: Undergraduate and Postgraduate coursework
- Scholarship Amount: Tuition Fees plus $5,000 every semester
- Separate Application Required?: Yes
- Deadline: November 17, 2023
The scholarship offered by the Curtin Humanitarian Fund will provide the following assistance throughout the entire anticipated duration of the program (assuming a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- Covers the complete expenses for student tuition fees (excluding the Student Services & Amenities Fees (SSAF).
- Includes a cash allowance of $5,000 per semester. The recipient has the flexibility to utilize this amount towards any educational expenses they deem necessary.
- Individuals who hold Australian citizenship.
- Individuals who possess Australian permanent residency.
- Individuals who are holders of Australian permanent humanitarian visas.
- Individuals who are citizens of New Zealand.
- International students who hold any of the following visas (see full list here)
- Currently living in Australia
- Admission and Enrollment:
Receive a full offer* of admission and enroll in either:
A 2024 Semester 1 undergraduate degree at Curtin University.
A postgraduate [masters by coursework] degree at the same university for the 2024 Semester 1 or Trimester 1.
- Refugee-like Background.
- Be from a background similar to that of a refugee, or be a relative/dependent of such an individual.
- Have experienced forced migration and may have entered Australia through various means, including:
- Approved refugee or humanitarian entrant offshore.
- Community-based asylum seeker or refugee residing in Australia.
- Holder of a Temporary Protection Visa, Bridging Visa, or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- Individuals who entered Australia through family reunion.
Should be able to provide relevant details regarding your refugee background.
Must show proof of Financial Hardship:
Note: *A “full offer” refers to an official offer of admission that satisfies all the necessary requirements and conditions.
Please see the full list of Eligibility here.
How to apply?
Fill the online application form
Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button located at the top right-hand side of the official page.
Fill out the online application form
Submit your application
Receipt of application
Assessment of applications:
The assessment panel will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Confirmation of acceptance into an undergraduate program at Curtin University for the year 2024.
- Responses provided in the application form.
- Displayed academic potential.
Outcome notification: The application status will be sent to your application made through direct Curtin course, or via the email address listed in the TISC
Acceptance: Applicants who have been approved for the scholarship, including those who wish to postpone their studies, must submit the required acceptance documents within the timeframe mentioned in the terms and conditions. It is permissible to defer this scholarship, and the specific details regarding deferral can be found in the scholarship terms and conditions.
For full details, kindly check out Curtin University website.
Recipients of the scholarship are required to fulfill the following criteria:
- Maintain enrollment at Curtin University with a minimum of 25 credits per study period.
- Must maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of not less than 50 credits.
- Not fail more than one unit in a given study period.