- Country: Egypt
- Scholarship Type: Government
- Offered by: Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG)
- Institutions: The American University in Cairo
- Education level: Phd & Master’s
- Type: Fully funded
- Degree Program: Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: Full tuition fees plus other costs
- Deadline: March 15, 2023 – April 15, 2023
The American University in Cairo Fellowships are open to foreign students who wish to pursue their masters and PhD studies in Egypt. The US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and the American University in Cairo have joined together to create the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate fellowship program.
This program equips economically deserving and academically qualified students with the professional experience and qualifications they need to advance their knowledge and excel in their field.
Applying for a fellowship is highly competitive. New students and continuing graduate students who display academic superiority may apply, depending on the allocated funds available for a given fellowship award. Courses offered to students include science and engineering, architecture, Arabic language and literature, and Middle Eastern history and study of Islam.
Scholarship Value and Duration
The recipient of the American University in Cairo Fellowships are given the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees for both semesters
- A monthly stipend
- A laptop
- Two round-trip economy air tickets from their home country to Egypt given annually; or a living and housing stipend to continue program activities that have been approved on campus during breaks for students who can’t go back to their homes
- Medical insurance
- Student Housing
- Opportunities for internship and practicum, as well as local transportation costs if they need it
- Opportunity to participate in a conference and present research findings, awarded competitively, as per the Graduate Student Support Grants guidelines.
The Fellowship program lasts for two years, as well as any academic English remedial courses that are necessary with a regular semester review to track performance.
Eligibility of American University in Cairo Fellowship
To be eligible for an American University in Cairo Fellowship, the candidate must fulfill the criteria listed below to be accepted into the Tomorrow’s Leader Fellowship program.
- The required language is English.
- All world countries are eligible.
- The AUC graduate admission requirements, found on their website, must be met.
- Have strong academic potential, holding a Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or 4.0 minimum overall grade
- Proficient in writing and speaking English
- Possess flexibility, maturity and the potential to be a leader, demonstrated in a combination of recommendations, extracurricular activities and interviews.
- Has great financial need
Further notes to keep in mind:
- The application must be submitted two weeks before it is due.
- Graduate students who seek a diploma are not eligible for institutional fellowships.
- Students without a degree are also not eligible.
- Community members of the AUC (staff, faculty, etc) are not given any benefits for their fellowship support
- International students can apply for a monthly housing allowance or accommodation in the campus’ AUC residences, depending on need.
- Students who seek a degree in Master of Engineering and Master of Computer are also not eligible for institutional fellowships.
- Graduate students who breach academic integrity are automatically disqualified from the fellowship.
How To Apply For American University in Cairo Fellowship?
To apply, visit their website here. Then, scroll down to Graduate Degree and click on the TLG program – Graduate admission application. This will open a pdf file that presents the instructions for the application.
Follow the application instructions and complete it, then submit the application.