Australia has long been ranked among the world’s leading destinations for international students, and that trend shows no sign of slowing down any time soon. Do you have what it takes to earn the University of Sydney Scholarship 2024-2025?
- Country of origin: Australia
- Funded by: University of Sydney
- Type: Fully funded/$40,109 p.a.
- Education level: Master’s/PhD
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Duration: 2 to 4 yrs
- Deadline: 24th Nov 2023/Admission Cycle
What we will cover?
A postgraduate research scholarship
The scholarship is a fully funded master’s and Ph.D. scholarship available to international students. This opportunity is made possible through the generous support of alumni, friends, and sponsors who want to help the next generation of leaders develop their ideas in Australia.
Fully funded means that all tuition fees and living allowance are covered by this scholarship, which amounts to AU$ 40,000, payable in two installments over one year. There is no specific area of study required for applicants. Still, a preference may be given to applicants with qualifications in areas with low representation among overseas students. For example, if you have an engineering degree from Africa, then you may qualify for this scholarship because African people have not traditionally been well-represented in Australian universities.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
This scholarship is a perfect opportunity for students interested in pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree. The scholarship covers tuition fees & living allowance, and the amount is paid in two installments. As you can see, this fully funded opportunity is an excellent choice for international students who want to pursue higher education. It is a great way to get your foot in the door at one of Australia’s most prestigious universities while getting financial support simultaneously.
Scholarships include the following:
- $40,000/pa is the maximum amount and is payable in two equal installments.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for the University of Sydney International Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be commencing or currently enrolled as an international student in an eligible research program.
- Demonstrate an exemplary academic record reflecting strong potential for research excellence.
- Hold an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a Master’s by Research or PhD degree at the University of Sydney.
- Eligible applicants may be from any country outside Australia or New Zealand.
- English language proficiency will be determined by a TOEFL ITP score of 84 with no less than 20 in all sections or IELTS 7.0 in all modules (no less than 6 in each module).
- Students must be pursuing a subject area within emerging research strengths
- RTP Fee Scholarship not awarded earlier
- Never previously considered for the scholarship more than once in the last five years.
- You may not receive a scholarship that includes course tuition under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government contributes substantially.
- To be eligible, you must submit an online application through our online portal before the deadline
How to apply for the scholarship?
No separate application Required.
1. Identify your degree and check your eligibility
2. Fill in the online application form
3. Submit your application
4. Provide any additional supporting documents requested
5. Attend a Skype interview with UoS staff as well as send an essay
6. Submit references from academics or professional colleagues
7. After completing your applications, you will be notified of whether or not you are successful within two weeks
8. Notification letters will be sent from the Director’s Office at The University of Sydney
9. If unsuccessful, don’t worry – there are many other opportunities for scholarships available for international students
10. Be sure to visit our official website at https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/international/postgraduate-research.html
Things to remember
1. Master’s students must have completed their bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling for their Master’s degree, and Ph.D. students must have completed both their bachelor’s and Master’s degrees before starting their doctoral studies.
2. Applicants need a satisfactory score on English language proficiency tests
3. There is no age limit & applicants can be enrolled in any field of study except Pharmacy, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, or Architecture.
4. You need to find a mentor who will support you with your research work.
5. Documents needed are as follows,
- A CV
- Academic transcripts from all previous institutions
- The first draft of a research proposal of not more than 2000 words to demonstrate your research experience
- A letter of recommendation
- Two essays that demonstrate the applicant’s interest in pursuing scholarship opportunities at the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for international students pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. degree at one of Australia’s top universities. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this fantastic scholarship opportunity.