The University of Otago in New Zealand offers a fully-funded PhD scholarship for international students for the 2023-2024 academic year, with a stipend plus a tuition fee waiver. This is an excellent opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree with financial support. Check out the scholarship application process.
- Country of origin: New Zealand
- Funded by: University of Otago
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: A PhD is a Doctoral degree, and Special kinds of Doctoral degrees like DClinDent, DMA, DBA, and EDD.
- Duration: 4-5 years
- Deadline: You can apply at any time.
About the University of Otago
Otago University was established in 1869 and is the oldest university in New Zealand. Located in Dunedin, the university is renowned for its excellence in research and teaching. It is firmly committed to supporting international students and helping them achieve their potential. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across its six faculties – Business, Science, Health Sciences, Humanities, Education, and Law. With world-class research facilities, the University of Otago provides an ideal environment for study and professional development.
The university has a rich history & is home to some iconic landmarks, such as the historic Clocktower. It’s also known for its vibrant student life, with plenty of clubs & societies for students to get involved in. There’s something for everyone in Dunedin, making it an attractive destination for international students studying in New Zealand.
Coverage of the University of Otago scholarship
– Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago offers full funding for 36 months for international students to pursue their PhD studies in New Zealand.
-The scholarship provides a stipend of NZ$ 28,600 per annum and a domestic tuition fee waiver for 36 months.
-For a Professional Doctorate, a stipend of NZ$28,600 a year, and you don’t have to pay any tuition fees for up to three years. However, this does not include the student services fee or insurance.
-In addition, the scholarship covers reasonable research training costs and conference travel costs.
-Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, research experience, and research potential.
Requirements to Qualify for Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago:
– English language proficiency is a must
– All international students are welcome
– Completion of Master’s degree by papers and thesis
– Relevant grades of advanced-level papers and thesis considered
– GPA score of relevant papers
– Potential or record of research
– Advice, recommendation, and/or ranking of relevant Head of Department
– International and domestic students are both eligible
The application process
• Check your eligibility: Check if you meet the eligibility criteria for Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago for 2023-2024.
• Prepare your application package: Your application package must include a curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts, and a research proposal.
• Submit your application: Submit your application package and the relevant documents through the university’s online application portal before the deadline.
• Monitor the status of your application: After submitting it, you can monitor its status by logging into the application portal.
• Get notified about the outcome: If you successfully get the scholarship, you will receive a notification from the university regarding the same.
- Does the scholarship provide any other benefits?
Answer: Yes, in addition to the monetary reward, the successful candidates will be given priority access to the University of Otago’s research resources and facilities.
- What are the requirements for application?
Answer: Applicants must submit a research proposal outlining their proposed project and demonstrating how it aligns with the university’s research priorities. As requested, they must also provide evidence of previous academic achievement, references, and other relevant documents.
- Is there an interview process?
Answer: Yes, shortlisted candidates may be required to attend an interview with the University of Otago’s Doctoral Scholarship Committee.
- Can I apply for multiple scholarships?
Answer: Yes, applicants may apply for multiple scholarships at once; however, they are only eligible to receive one award.
- Will I receive feedback on my application?
Answer: Yes, the University of Otago will provide feedback on all applications after the decision has been made by the selection panel.
The Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago for 2023-2024 is a fantastic opportunity for international students to pursue their doctoral degrees in a fully funded environment. With the generous stipend and tuition fee waiver, you can focus on your studies and research without worrying about financial constraints. If you are interested, don’t miss this chance & apply now!
Look at the official website https://www.otago.ac.nz/study/scholarships/database/otago014687.html for all the related information and details! It is essential to read the rules and regulations before applying, as the application process can be quite complex and lengthy. Also, make sure you submit your application on time, as the university will not accept any late applications. Finally, good luck!