- Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: University of Exeter
- Funded by: University of Exeter
- Tuition Type: Tuition Support
- Degree Program: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: £7,500 for one year
- Separate Application Required?: Yes
- Deadline: 9th February, 2024.
Awards of £7,500 for one year for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
For the undergraduate degree:
You are required to:
- be categorized as an International student for fee purposes (this includes any EU students who are obliged to pay International fees for the 2024/25 academic year); and
- have already secured an offer to enroll in a qualifying Undergraduate program at the University of Exeter, starting in September 2024.
- If you have not yet applied for a program, please explore the Undergraduate study pages for further information.
For the postgraduate degree:
To be considered for one of these scholarships, you must:
- be designated as an International student for the purpose of fee assessment (this encompasses EU students who are mandated to pay International fees for the 2024/25 academic cycle); and
- have already received an acceptance for a suitable Postgraduate taught degree at the University of Exeter, with the program set to begin in September 2024.
Should you still need to apply for your Masters programme, kindly proceed to the Postgraduate taught study section for information on admissions for the September 2024 intake.
How to apply
Consideration for one of these scholarships requires that you submit an application through the webform provided here once you have received your offer.
- As a part of the application process, you must include a personal statement of no more than 300 words, addressing the questions below:
- Why are you drawn to your selected field of study and what knowledge do you anticipate gaining?
- What professional aspirations do you hold, and in what ways do you expect your education to support these goals?
- Describe the impact that being granted a Global Excellence Scholarship would have on you – what changes would it bring about?
- In what ways do you envisage fulfilling the role of an ambassador for the University as a Global Excellence Scholar?
The submission window for Round 1 applications closes on 9 February 2024. Applicants who have submitted their scholarship applications by this deadline will receive an email notification regarding the result by 9 March 2024. Should you be awarded a scholarship, the email will provide instructions on how to accept it.
These scholarships are conferred as a deduction from the first-year International tuition fees and do not extend to any subsequent years of the program. For complete details, please review the full Terms and Conditions of this scholarship scheme.
The Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarships and the Postgraduate Taught Global Excellence Scholarships are established to aid students eager to realize their academic potential and contribute to our vibrant university community, which includes students and staff from more than 150 nations.
Global Excellence Scholarships are awarded in recognition of remarkable academic performance. They help scholars tap into our outstanding educational offerings and fully engage with university life, thereby bolstering their aspirations for the future.