- Country: Switzerland
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: University of Geneva
- Institutions: University of Geneva
- Required Language: English or French
- Degree Program: Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: Up to CHF 15,000
- Application Deadline: 28th Feb, 2024
Have you or someone close to you dreamed of obtaining a Master of Science degree from the University of Geneva (UNIGE)? This is the time to make it happen.
UNIGE is now opening opportunities for students from all over the world to apply for the Excellence Masters Fellowships program.
Benefits of the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
The Excellence Masters Fellowship is a prestigious and sought-after fully funded scholarship for Master’s programs. Successful applicants will receive funding of CHF 15,000, which will be offered annually for the duration of the Master’s education.
Essentially, each award recipient will be given funding until the end of their education. However, this is subject to one condition: the recipient must demonstrate academic excellence, which will be assessed at the end of the first semester.
To find out more about the study programs available at UNIGE’s Faculty of Science, click this link.
Requirements for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship
This program is for high-achieving students, and those who wish to apply must meet the requirements below.
- You must meet all admission requirements for the chosen academic program.
- You must submit a proposal for this program, and the acceptance assessment will be based on that proposal.
Before applying for the award, one must prepare the documents below.
- A scan of these documents:
- Your national ID card (or passport)
- UNIGE card
- A two-page curriculum vitae
- Your Bachelor’s degree transcript.
- A motivation letter outlining your specific scientific aspirations and why you want to pursue an M.Sc. program at UNIGE.
- Reference letters from 2 different professors testifying to your eligibility for the Excellence Masters Fellowships.
- Any additional relevant information.
FAQs about University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
- Can I still apply for a Master’s degree at UNIGE if I finish my Bachelor’s degree after the deadline?
You certainly can. Even so, you must first ensure that you have finished your Bachelor’s degree program before the Master’s program at UNIGE starts.
- Who should I contact if there is a problem with my application or if I need additional information?
You can communicate with the admissions department through the department’s online system. The staff there will be happy to help solve your problem.
Why Study at the University of Geneva?
A discussion of UNIGE is incomplete without mentioning Geneva. In general, Geneva is a city with a very long cultural heritage and academic history. This city is also very welcoming to international students. Many world class universities and other educational institutions can be found in Geneva. So, are you ready to join the academic community at UNIGE? The information in the guide above should be sufficient to inform you about the Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships.