- Country: Ireland
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin
- Funded by: Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin
- Tuition Type: Partial tuition
- Degree Program: Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: €2000 to €5000 each as tuition reduction
- Separate Application Required?: Yes
- Deadline: 15 June, 2024.
- Value: The scholarships range in value from €2,000 to €5,000.
- Application: These funds are applied as a reduction to the tuition fees of the selected postgraduate program.
- Duration: The reduction in tuition fees is applicable for the first year of study only, not for subsequent years of the postgraduate program.
This scholarship is for applicants who fall under non-EU status. That is, they are from countries outside the European Union and, as such, are subject to tuition fees at the non-EU rate.
How to apply
To apply for the Global Excellence Postgraduate Scholarship at Trinity College Dublin, follow these steps:
Step 1. Identify Your Regional Officer:
Visit the specified page and select your country of residence.
Check the “Contact Details” section to find out who your Regional Officer is.
Step 2. Email Your Application:
Address the email to your Regional Officer.
Use the subject line format: [Your Name] + [Trinity Application ID] + Global Excellence Postgraduate Scholarship`.
Step 3. Include the Following Documents:
Ensure that each document includes your name and Trinity Application ID.
Trinity Offer Letter: You must have already received a conditional or firm offer for a place in a Trinity postgraduate course.
200-Word Statement: Write a statement titled “How I will contribute to our Trinity College Dublin community.” It should be 200 words long and submitted as a Microsoft Word document or PDF.
CV/Resume: Attach your most up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume.
Step 4. Acknowledgement of Receipt:
After submitting your application, you will receive an email acknowledging that the university has received your scholarship request.
Step 5. Notification of Selection:
Your Regional Officer will contact you to let you know if you have been selected for the scholarship.
If selected, you will be informed about the process to formally accept the scholarship.
Make sure to follow the application process as outlined, adhere to any deadlines, and provide well-prepared and thoughtful documents that reflect your qualifications and potential contributions to the Trinity community.
Should applications arrive post-15th June, assessment will occur incrementally, subject to available funding. Scholarship offers are valid for a fortnight. The deposit for course acceptance is due within these two weeks. Failure to accept the scholarship in the given timeframe results in its reassignment to a different candidate.