The Romanian Government is offering free scholarships for study in Romania for 2023-2024. Take advantage of this chance to apply for the scholarship – read more to learn how to get it.
- Country of origin: Romania
- Funded by: Romania Government
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate.
- Bachelor’s: Three to six years
- Master’s: 1.5 to two years
- Doctorate: Three to four years
- Deadline:16th March 2024
About the scholarship
The Romanian Government is offering fully funded scholarships for international students to study at any of its universities for the academic year 2023-2024. This scholarship is open for undergraduate, master’s, & Ph.D. programs. The Romanian Government Scholarship is aimed to provide an opportunity for international students to pursue higher education in Romania. All the successful candidates are encouraged to learn Romanian as well to have a better understanding of the country.
-Fully funded tuition fees
-Every month, students studying in Romania will get money. Undergraduate and preparatory year students will get the equivalent of 65 Euros in Romanian money. Postgraduate students will get 75 Euros in Romanian money. Doctorate students will get 85 Euros in Romanian money.
-Opportunity to gain experience in Romania
-Networking opportunities with other international students
-Possibility to explore Romanian culture and customs
-It will finance accommodation expenses in dormitories within the allocated subsidy limit, providing places to the extent of availability.
• Must be an international student with the following exemptions:
– Romanians belonging to Romanian historical communities in the vicinity of Romania
– Persons requesting or gaining protection in Romania
– Recognized stateless individuals in Romania
– Diplomats and consuls, as well as their families
– Personnel employed by diplomatic missions & consular offices, and their family members
– Employees of global firms located in Romania and their relatives.
– Recipients of state scholarships for the same study cycle
• Need to satisfy the English language capability criteria.
• Must be below the age of 35 years for the Master’s program and 40 years for the Ph.D. program
• Must possess an up-to-date passport issued by their native nation.
• Must be able to provide documents related to educational qualifications, language proficiency, and other relevant certificates
• Must have an excellent academic record
• Adhere to the enrollment cut-off date.
• Comply with the requirements for filing your application.
How to apply?
To apply for this scholarship, follow these instructions:
(1) Fill out the complete online application form.
(2) Provide English, French, Spanish, or Romanian translations of the following documents
• Copies of diplomas obtained
• Transcripts of finished courses
• Copy of birth certificate
• A copy of the initial three pages of the passport.
• English or French Curriculum Vitae and a letter of intent in any of the following languages for the doctoral cycle: English, French, Spanish, or Romanian
(3) Documents for Specific Categories
• Make a copy of your official name change document & any translations into English, French, Spanish, or Romanian (if needed).
• A copy of a certificate attesting to the successful completion of a baccalaureate, bachelor’s, or Master’s degree, along with the corresponding translation into English, French, Spanish, or Romanian (if required).
• If you are in the final year of the school/university, you will need a copy of a certificate to prove that you are taking the graduation exam. This certificate can be translated into English, French, Spanish, or Romanian if needed.
• Get a copy of your academic records from your last year of school & have it translated into English, French, Spanish, or Romanian (if needed).
• Provide evidence of the certificate attesting to completion of the Romanian language course or a credential indicating proficiency in the language.
• A notarized statement of parental approval is required for applicants who have not attained the age of 18 at the time the courses begin, with an authorized translation in English, French, Spanish, or Romanian (if necessary).
(4) Each document must be scanned one at a time & transmitted in the .pdf form.
What is the language of instruction?
All courses offered by Romanian universities are taught in Romanian, English, & French. Depending on the university, some courses may also be available in German or foreign languages. Applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the language of instruction before admission. Applicants interested in Romanian Government scholarships should also demonstrate proficiency in Romanian. This language requirement can be waived for applicants with a certificate of proficiency & language test results. Applicants should also check the eligibility requirements of their chosen program, as some programs may require students to have a minimum level of proficiency in Romanian before being accepted.
If you want to study in Romania for free, you should apply for the Romania Government Scholarship. If you are qualified, this is a great opportunity & you should not wait to apply.
Take a look at this official website to apply for Government scholarships in Romania and check out the requirements to see if you are eligible. You will need to prepare your application documents and submit them within the specified deadline to be considered for the scholarship.