Canada is one of the most sought-after countries when it comes to studying business. Canadian universities also offer scholarships for deserving high achievers and have a record of holding scholarship programs for decades.
These scholarship programs come with a wide range of options, so applicants can choose what suits them best. Therefore, anyone can avail of these programs provided he meets all the criteria and study business at the university of their dreams.
Here is a list of top-ranked universities in Canada for MBA scholarships:
Smith School of Business Scholarships
Smith’s MBA program starts in January each year. Smith School of Business offers scholarships to appreciate the academic record of exceptional students by financially helping them.
- The students must have a 3.0-grade average and more. They must demonstrate good leadership abilities.
- The application requires an introductory cover letter and two letters from an academic advisor.
- The graduate students must include their thesis information in a paragraph.
- Smith School of Business offers new scholarships for diligent students, which are about $10,000 yearly for their program.
Ivey Business School Scholarships
Ivey Business School is known as the largest scholarship-funding school in Canada. It provides a wide range of scholarships based on merits to deserving students.
- Students must fill out the MBA online application form, as no individual or separate form is available.
- Students can also apply for external scholarships and private loans to enroll in the university list.
- The scholarship ranges from $10,000 to almost $65,000, and about 80% of all the students who enter Ivey school get a chance of winning the scholarship.
Rotman School of Management Scholarships:
Rotman is the top choice for studying business for international applicants. These scholarships are provided to students based on their achievements and academic records.
Rotman is providing scholarships worth $1 million and financing them through various options.
- The scholarships are awarded to students with high merit in the first three years of engineering education and leadership abilities.
- Some other preferences are given to the students who need financial help.
- It requires at least a GPA of 3.0 in the annual year of a Bachelor’s degree.
- The scholarship programs take away all the worries about finances so you can focus on your learning and other career opportunities.
Haskayne School of Business Scholarships:
Haskayne School of Business is one of the top research universities in Canada, founded at the University of Calgary in 1967. Haskayne scholarships allow you to study without financial worries and unleash your true potential.
Academic achievement scholarship is based on your academic success, which is about $23,000 for the first year and $13,000 for the second year.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last two years of a 4-year undergraduate degree.
- In the GMAT exam, you need to have 550 or higher marks.
- Minimum two years of professional work experience.
DeGroote School of Business Scholarships:
The DeGroote School of Business offers business education at McMaster University. It was founded in 1952 and renamed in 1992.
Many students face problems in pursuing an MBA degree for financial reasons. But these scholarship programs make it easy for you to study whatever you want. The scholarship competition among the students encourages their excellence in the MBA program. You should
- have an 8.0 GPA out of 12 in the last three years of your undergraduate studies.
- Have academic credits of almost about 60.
- Have professional work experience.
HEC Montreal Scholarships
HEC Montreal business school is a Canadian school of business located in Montreal. It was founded in 1907 as the first established school of management. It offers MBA programs for Canadian businesses.
There are various scholarships available for HEC Montreal students. It provides hundreds of scholarships on an annual basis. Scholarships are also based on the involvement of the students in academic activities and coaching a team.
- You have to score 630 or higher on the GMAT test.
- In GRE, your score is equivalent to GMAT.
- A competitive score of 300 or higher in TAGE MAGE.
Sauder School of Business Scholarships
The Sauder School offers several financial aids and scholarship opportunities to deserving students annually. The scholarship holders can be national and international as well. To be a perfect fit for the scholarship, a candidate must fall under the eligibility criteria set by the university.
- First, you must submit your application along with the required documents before the deadline.
- Either the scholarship will be paid in two equal installments per year or one turn only.
- Students can get an entrance scholarship of up to 1500$.
- Students must send official test scores and unofficial transcripts in sealed envelopes or through secure electronic delivery.
The University of Alberta
The University of Alberta was established in 1908, and it is ranked as the top 5th university in the country. The university offers scholarships for both national and international students. There are more than 40 thousand students who have been offered a scholarship by the university. There are no specific eligibility criteria to apply for a scholarship. All national and international students who want to pursue an MBA degree can apply for the scholarship.
- It offers two types of scholarships, one for needy students and the other for talented ones.
- The application process is straightforward and requires just some essential documents.
- First, you must have your graduation and under-graduation degree and pass the English proficiency test.
- You can upload your documents on the application link, and you are done with the application process. After selection, you will receive a confirmation email from the university.
- International students can get from 8 to 9 thousand dollars for four years of the program.
John Molson School of Business Scholarships
John Molson School is affiliated with Concordia University and is the first to have AACSB accreditation. Students prefer John Molson School due to different reasons like:
- It has a record of admitting students from more than 150 countries.
- The faculty members also come from different countries, and currently, there have faculty from more than 32 countries.
- AACSB accreditation is considered the highest standard for business universities, and John Molson holds one.
- It has the highest worldwide and nationwide rankings.
- The campus has a large building and is located in a student-friendly place.
Do we need to pass the English proficiency test before applying?
All the universities have different criteria. For example, some require IELTS or OET, while others do not require any language test. And some universities specify the scores as well to get the scholarship. So it is better to pass the test before applying because you will be applying to more than one university at the time of admission.
How to apply for scholarships in Canada?
Some universities have individual websites; you can check them out and apply within the timeline. Other universities fall under the MBA scholarships website, and when you fill out the application form, you will be asked about your preferred universities.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for a scholarship?
You must have the best passing scores in your latest degree. You will be required to attach your academic score sheet and transcripts. Aptitude test scores and language proficiency tests are also required depending on your selected university.