Flanders Government is offering a scholarship for international students wishing to pursue a master’s degree. This is an excellent opportunity to get a master’s degree without financial worries. Further information about the scholarship & other details can be found here!
- Country of origin: Belgium
- Funded by: The Government of Flanders
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Master’s degree program
- Duration: 2 years
- Deadline: 28th April 2024.
What is the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarship?
The Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students to pursue a master’s degree at a Flemish university. It is designed to support & promote the academic excellence of talented international students worldwide.
There are several benefits, such as travel grants, health insurance coverage, & monthly allowances. The scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for students to study in one of Europe’s most advanced education systems. With this opportunity, students can pursue their dream careers & get an education that will serve them well.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
– Applicants must be international students, meaning they are not citizens of Belgium or a European Union member state.
– Applicants must have a valid admission to a full-time master’s degree program at any of the participating universities in Flanders.
– Applicants must meet the specific requirements of their chosen universities.
– The scholarship is available to all fields of study.
– Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence with a minimum grade point average of 7.5/10 (or equivalent)
– You must get a score of at least 7.0 on the IELTS, 94 on the TOEFL, C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference, or a similar score on another language test your college approves.
– If you want to apply to a School of Arts Master program, you have to get at least 6.5 on the IELTS, 90 on the TOEFL, a B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference, or do as well on another English language test that the School of Arts approves.
What does the scholarship cover?
• Grants of € 8200 per academic year
• Tuition fees waiver
• Travel allowance for international students
• Scholarship holders in the Master Mind program don’t have to pay much. They just have to pay a small fee to enroll. The scholarship will give them money for a place to live, health insurance, and lots of money for their everyday needs.
• Study guidance & support from staff at the host institution
• Networking opportunities and workshops to help with career development
How to apply for the scholarship?
1. Visit the official website of the Flanders Government Scholarships and review the eligibility criteria.
2. Create an online application account & fill in the relevant application form with your details & academic qualifications.
3. Upload the required documents such as CV, academic transcripts, reference letters, etc.
4. Submit the completed application & wait for confirmation of your application.
5. If successful, you will receive a notification email from the Flanders Government and an invitation to attend an interview.
6. Attend the interview & answer the questions posed by the interview panel.
7. If successful at the interview, you will receive an offer of a Flanders Government Master Mind Scholarship.
8. Accept the offer and complete the relevant paperwork to confirm your acceptance of the scholarship.
Documents needed for the scholarship
1. Applicants must provide a copy of their valid passport
2. Official transcripts/academic records
3. A letter of motivation
4. Two letters of recommendation from professors at your former University of Applied Sciences, School of Arts, or a recent employer, all written in English, are required.
5. Curriculum vitae
6. Proof of sufficient command of the language of instruction (if applicable)
7. A research proposal
8. Evidence of admission to the host university
9. A financial statement showing the sources and amounts of funds available for the duration of the scholarship
10. An official statement from a bank confirming the availability of the funds
FAQs about the scholarship
Q1: How many scholarships are available each year?
A1: The number of scholarships available each year varies, depending on the number of applications received.
Q2: When will I know if my application has been successful?
A2: Successful applicants will be notified within six weeks after the application deadline.
Q3: Is there any support available for international students?
A3: Yes, international students can access a range of support services at their host university, including language courses, student counseling, and career guidance.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, make sure to check the eligibility requirements and gather the necessary documents before submitting your application. These fantastic opportunities don’t come around often, so don’t miss your chance to get an excellent education with full funding. Good luck, and we hope to see you at one of Flanders’ universities next year!
Look at the official website at https://www.studyinflanders.be/scholarships/master-mind-scholarships for more information about this scholarship. Furthermore, you can find additional information about other types of financial support available from the Government of Flanders, such as grants and loans. Be sure to check it out soon if you are interested in applying!