AACOMAS or American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Service is a centralized application process that allows pre-med students to apply to medical schools.
Other than medical schools, there are still numerous entities that may require students to provide their MCAT scores. The American Medical Colleges collect student’s applications from AAMC, which is a centralized location. This is an easy way to send the MCAT scores as they will be automatically sent to the schools you applied to. You won’t need to do anything to add your scores to the application.
Unlike applying to American Medical Colleges, applying to the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOMAS) involves entering your MCAT scores in addition to other personal information, academic history, and personal statements.
How to Send your MCAT Scores to Osteopathic Medical Schools
You can easily send your MCAT scores to osteopathic medical schools that are not AAMC through the AAMC websites. These schools include AACOMAS, SOPHAS, and CASPA. Just like the AAMC process, you can use the AAMC website to automatically send your MACT scores for every test you have done.
Typically, there are two steps involved when it comes to sending your MCAT scores to AACOMAS. They include:
- Through the Score Reporting System– One way is to send your MCAT scores online via the Score Reporting System.
- Through the Postal Service- Alternatively, you can access your MCAT scores and print them before sending them through the postal service. These scores will come as hard copies.
To send your MCAT Scores Electronically, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your AAMC website and click on the link under the “Applying to medical schools” option. The link will take you to the official MCAT scores page
- Once there, navigate to the get MCAT scores button. When you do this, you will be prompted to log in to the AAMC system.
- After you have logged in to the AAMC system, click on “My Reports” at the top menu of the page. This will send you scores electronically. Alternatively, you will have the option to print your MCAT score from the drop-down menu.
- When you choose to send your scores electronically, you will be directed to a page where you can choose the schools that you want to send your score reports. Here, you can add AACOMAS and other centralized services or individual schools.
- Once you are done and have confirmed your selection, AAMC will send your MCAT scores starting from the April 2003 test.
How to Print MCAT Scores:
If you want to print and get the hard-copy scores, then you can repeat the above steps from 1 to 3 and then proceed with the steps below:
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Print your score report.”
- To continue, generate a verification code that you will provide for institutions that want to verify your scores.
- Your report will be printed starting from scores from the 2002 test.
Which Test Scores Does AACOMAS See?
When you send your scores, AACOMAS will see the most recent scores together with those of the previous attempts. This is because the admissions councils will check the entire test results and are likely to calculate its average to come up with the final score for each test.
Of course, this may vary with schools as some may focus more on the most recent scores. Schools that gauge you by your recent scores consider the improvement that you may have made from your previous MCAT scores.
On the other hand, some schools will look at all your MCAT scores and consider your highest score for each section.
All in all, how AACOMAS will see your MCAT scores should not stress you that much. Whatever methods the admission councils use to gauge your scores, you can still believe that you are on your way to starting your career.
It is also important to note that every Do school you apply to will be able to see your MCAT scores. Once you submit your MCAT scores, AACOMAS will then forward your scores and other details like transcriptions and letters of rec to the schools you have applied to.
Therefore, you don’t have to send all of your details to each individual school. This will not only save you time and effort but a lot of money as well.
|Get Best Price|
Truth be told, sending your MCAT scores can be daunting. However, this does not have to be the case anymore as technology has made things easier. If you are looking to send your scores to centralized individual applications like AACOMAS, follow the steps above to do it effortlessly.