The scholarship helps with tuition fees and some living expenses, making it an excellent opportunity for students worldwide! Learn all you need about the Ireland Government Scholarship 2023-2024 here!
- Country of origin: Ireland
- Funded by: Government of Ireland
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Master’s degree, Doctoral program
- Duration: 3 to 4 years for Ph.D. & up to two years for research masters
- Deadline: 20th Oct 2023
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
1. International students are eligible if they are enrolled in a Master’s degree program in any field at an approved university in Ireland and have been ordinarily residents outside the EU for at least three consecutive years before beginning their course
2. Applicants must not have received this scholarship before
3. The eligibility criteria for international applicants are pretty similar to that for Irish citizens, with one exception: whereas international applicants can only apply if they will study at an approved university in Ireland, Irish nationals can apply from anywhere, as long as they meet the residence requirements
4. Candidates must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications
5. Students applying for a master’s degree in research scholarship must not have held, or currently be holding, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
6. Those applying for a Ph.D. scholarship must not currently have or have previously held these scholarships & they also need to have achieved a first-class honors undergraduate degree
7. If you are not from EU/EEA/Swiss nationality, you must have been residing outside your home country for at least three years before applying. If you are from one of these countries, you do not need to meet this requirement.
8. Applicants who are still completing their undergraduate or Master’s degree must be in the final year or less than six months from graduation (i.e., enrolled as full-time students).
How much money does the scholarship provide?
- It provides a stipend of €18,500 per annum, contribution to fees up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul, & eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annul.
- The scholarship is awarded on an annual basis.
How to apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is available in any discipline, and applicants may live anywhere in the world but must be able to prove their eligibility. Apply for this scholarship easily by following these steps,
1. Register on the official website
2. Get the username and password for the online account
3. Login & fill up the form completely as per guidelines.
4. Provide all the details as asked
5. Upload supporting documents (academic records, research proposal)
6. Finally, submit your application form
7. Confirm that you have submitted an application, and you will get an email notification
8. The final step in getting a government of Ireland Scholarship is to wait for the decision. Scholarships are awarded after careful consideration and take approximately two weeks to process.
List of Approved Universities
This scholarship is available to students attending the following universities.
- University College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork,
- NUI Maynooth,
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Royal College of Physicians in Ireland
- The Institute of Technology, Carlow
- IT Sligo
For a complete list of approved institutes, please click the link on the official website: http://research.ie/funding/goipg/?f=postgraduate!
Why study at an Irish university?
Studying abroad in Ireland can be a very rewarding experience. In addition to being a beautiful country with many world-famous tourist attractions, it is also home to some of the best universities in Europe. The government of Ireland scholarship provides funding & other benefits for international students studying in Irish universities. This study program provides excellent support for internationals wishing to study at one of the top colleges in Europe!
- Where can I find more information about it?
All inquiries should be directed to your country’s Irish embassy or consulate in your home country. There is a deadline for applying for this scholarship, depending on where you are from, so you need to check the website before applying.
- Any other possible requirements for this scholarship?
Applicants who want to apply for this scholarship cannot hold dual citizenship & they cannot be married with children. Another important thing to know about this scholarship is that it only takes into account your past three years of academic performance.
- Who do I contact if I have any questions regarding the Irish Scholarship 2023-2024?
If you would like to ask any questions related to this scholarship, please email [email protected]
So, if you’re interested in studying in Ireland for a year & want an opportunity to work on your research project, this is great.