Elks National Foundation Scholarship Summary
- Country: USA
- Offered by: The Elks National Foundation
- Institutions: American Colleges
- Type: Partially funded scholarship
- Degree Program: Undergraduate
- Scholarship $4,000 to $50,000 per year
- Deadline: Nov 14, 2023
Elks National Foundation Scholarships
The Elks Foundation has brought a fantastic opportunity for undergraduate American national students to avail the Elks National Foundation scholarships. The foundation has been helping thousands of students since 1931. They award around $3 million to hundreds of students each year and help them get closer to achieving their academic goals.
This scholarship contest is for all high school seniors. The candidate must win the district and state competitions to advance to the national level competition. The top 20 finalists from around the US participate in the Leadership Weekend in Chicago. The students are interviewed by the judges there. Based on their performances, they will hold different positions.
- Two 1st positions will receive $50,000
- Two 2nd positions will receive $40,000
- Two third positions will receive $30,000
- The rest 14 finalists will receive $20,000
- The rest of the 480 runner-ups will receive $4,000
The eligibility requirements for the elks national foundation scholarship program are as follows:
- The applicant must be in high school.
- The applicant must not be related to any Elks member in any way.
- This scholarship award is for US nationals only.
- Graduates from high school are not eligible.
- The applicant must study at an accredited degree-granting university or college in the US.
The scholarship is awarded the aim of making education easier for needy students. They are awarded a scholarship, which is expected to cover their tuition fees, living expenses, and other miscellaneous costs. The student must have leadership abilities to win this scholarship.
You must look for the Elk Lodge around your area, as the applications must be submitted.
Here are some features of the Elks National Foundation Scholarship:
- Almost 500 students from all around the US are awarded this scholarship each year. The candidate must be competent to advance through the local and district level competition to finally make it to the national level competition and stand among the 500 candidates.
- The scholarship amount may range from $4,000 to $50,000, depending upon the rank you achieved during the competition. It will be awarded to candidates pursuing their four-year degree program from any accredited US university. The candidate must be taking the degree on a full-time basis.
- The top three places are typically announced late in April.
How to Apply
To apply for the elks national foundation scholarship, you should be prepared with the following documents:
- Application form
- Community service
- Financial need analysis
Once you are done preparing these documents, you can proceed to apply online or via email.
You can visit the official website to have more insight into the Elks National Foundation and the scholarship programs they offer.