Here are some of the most important things about the Boston University Presidential Scholarship!
- Country of origin: USA
- Funded by: Boston University
- Type: Partial waiver
- Education level: An undergraduate course of study
- Duration: 4 years
- Deadline: 1st Dec 2023/ every year
A brief introduction to scholarship
The Boston University Presidential Scholarship is a four-year scholarship. Scholarships are very competitive, so you need to show that you’ve done more than just good grades to get them. One way to do this is by doing extracurricular activities outside the classroom, such as volunteering, getting involved with student groups, or being part of an athletic team. Another thing to remember is how many people will apply for these scholarships. In the case of BU, they have over 20 thousand students on campus, and only one hundred recipients will be awarded. That means if you want one of those scholarships, it’s not something to take lightly and needs a lot of preparation.
Who is Eligible?
- All high school graduates are eligible for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship.
- To receive the scholarship, students must be accepted into Boston University as undergraduate students.
- Every country in the world is eligible.
- It is necessary to be proficient in English.
- High school graduates who rank in the top 5%.
- Applicants must submit their SAT and ACT scores with their application to BU, which can be done when they apply online through the admissions office website.
How to Apply?
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Complete the online application form
- Provide your email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Upload a copy of your high school transcript with your college preparatory courses or ACT/SAT scores
- Take either the SAT I or ACT by 31st Dec of your senior year.
- Submit a digital photo (passport-sized)
- Agree to be interviewed by an alumni interviewer from BU’s Office of Admissions by Skype or phone
- If accepted, you will need to provide documentation.
The required documents are the following:
1. Official academic transcripts
2. A letter of recommendation on letterhead signed by a counselor at your current or most recent institution
3. Results of the English proficiency test
4. SAT or ACT scores are required
5. Passport data page copy
6. It is necessary to provide financial support documents
Boston University’s Presidential Scholarship benefits
These are some of the reasons why I love the Boston University Presidential Scholarship:
- The scholarship is awarded to 50 students every year.
- You will receive $25000 off your tuition fees every year.
- Residence halls & apartments are available on campus for students.
- What happens after the candidate gets selected?
A. After your application has been selected, you will be notified by email of the decision as soon as possible. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted with more information about the next steps and requirements for enrollment.
- I am not from the United States. Can I apply for this scholarship?
A. Yes, we welcome applications from students who are not citizens of the United States so long as they have been admitted to a Boston University undergraduate degree program.
In conclusion, students of all backgrounds can benefit significantly from the Boston University Presidential Scholarship. Visit the website at https://www.bu.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/scholarships-financial-aid/first-year-merit/presidential/ now to learn more about the scholarship & how to apply!