These prestigious positions provide international students with an opportunity to pursue their research interests while receiving a generous salary & excellent benefits. A fully-funded PhD position at the University of Copenhagen offers an ideal platform to launch a successful academic career. To learn more, keep reading!
- Country of origin: Denmark
- Funded by: University of Copenhagen
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: PhD program
- Duration: Three years
- Deadline: Jan-Mar 2023. Visit the official website for details
What is offered?
• Fully funded scholarships for international students at the University of Copenhagen
• Available for a 3-year period
• With a salary of 27,590 DKK/approx. 3,678 EUR (April 2020 level) plus pension, the salary starts at around 27,590 DKK/approx. 3,678 EUR.
• Opportunity to pursue a research-based PhD degree in a wide range of fields, from humanities to biomedicine.
• Possibility to attend and participate in workshops and conferences organized by the university and other funding agencies.
• Chance to build a professional network with other researchers by attending conferences, networking events, and seminars offered by the university or any other institute or company.
• Support from advisors and mentors during the entire course of study who will provide guidance and advice on your research project and future career goals.
• Access to a world-class library and state-of-the-art laboratories with advanced equipment and supplies available to conduct your experiments and tests related to your research project.
• A competitive stipend is also provided for travel costs to attend conferences and present your research findings.
• Assistance with visa applications, accommodation arrangements, health insurance, and other necessary matters related to living in Denmark are provided.
How to apply?
1. Visit the official website of the University of Copenhagen PhD. Program to create an account & log in.
2. Click on the “Application” tab, where you will find all available PhD positions.
3. Choose a position that interests you & click the “Apply” button to start your application process.
4. Upload your resume/CV, two reference letters, degree certificates, transcripts, & other relevant documents as required by the application form.
5. Write a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, your research experience, & your motivation for applying for the program.
6. Once you have submitted your application & after its evaluation by the selection committee, you will get to know the decision.
7. If accepted, you will be invited for an interview with the selection committee.
8. After successfully completing the interview process, you will receive an official offer from the University of Copenhagen confirming your admission.
What is required?
-A Master’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline is required of applicants.
-Excellent English language skills are required
-Demonstrated academic excellence and research potential is expected
-All applicants from around the world are welcome to the program.
-Applicants must not have resided in Denmark for more than 12 months in the past three years before their application
-Previous experience with relevant research methods is an advantage
With fully funded scholarships, a competitive monthly salary, and access to world-class faculty & resources, these positions offer an excellent platform for personal and professional development. If you are interested in applying for a University of Copenhagen PhD position, don’t hesitate to start your application today.