- Country: China
- Scholarship Type: Government
- Offered by: Beijing Municipal Education Commission
- Institutions: 24 higher learning institutions in China
- Type: Fully funded
- Degree Program: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: Ranges from 10,000 RMB to 20,000 RMB per year (Approx. USD 1,390 to USD 2,785)
- Deadline: Between February and June depending on participating university.
The Hubei Government Scholarship is open to international students wishing to pursue their studies in China.
This scholarship aims to attract foreign talent and have them placed in China. With the Hubei province being one of the most developed areas in the country, being able to pursue study there is a huge opportunity. The Hubei Government Scholarship allows students to take up higher education in the region without worrying about financial costs.
The scholarship covers the student’s tuition and accommodation fees. It also aims to make the province of Hubei well-known globally. The scholarship is open to students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Doctoral degree. General Scholar and Advanced Scholar scholarships are also offered.
Scholarship Value and Duration
The scholarship has five classifications:
- Undergraduate scholarship in which students are given 10,000 RMB per year
- Graduate Scholarship, in which students are given 15,000 RMB per year
- Doctorate Scholarship in which students are given 20,000 RMB per year
- General Scholar Scholarship, in which students are given 5,000 RMB every six months or 10,000 RMB every year
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship, in which students are given 10,000 RMB every six months or 20,000 RMB every year
As far as the duration of the scholarship is concerned:
- The duration for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral scholarship candidates should be under four years.
- The duration for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies scholarship should be under a year.
- The duration for scholars pursuing specialized training in China should be under a year.
- The duration for exchange students who contributed significantly to international education should be under a year.
List of Participating Universities
The following are the universities offering a Hubei Government Scholarship:
- Wuhan University
- Central China Normal University
- China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
- Huazhong Agricultural University
- Hubei University
- Yangtze University
- Hubei University of Technology
- Wuhan Textile University
- Wuhan Polytechnic University
- Hubei University for Nationalities
- Hubei University of Economics
- Hubei Institute of Fine Arts
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan University of Technology
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law
- South-Central University for Nationalities
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology
- Jianghan University
- Wuhan Institute of Technology
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine
- Hubei University of Automobile Technology
- Hubei University of Medicine
- Wuhan Institute of Physical Education
- Wuhan Conservatory of Music
The following are the requirements to qualify for Hubei Government Scholarship:
- The candidate must be a foreign citizen with a valid passport and is friendly to China.
- Candidate must be hardworking, well-behaved, in good health, and grade excellent.
- Undergraduate scholarship candidates must have obtained a degree equal to a Chinese High School Degree or above and must be within the average age of 25 years old.
- Graduate scholarship candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree and must be within the average age of 30 years old.
- Doctorate scholarship candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree and must be within the average age of 35 years old.
- General Scholar scholarship candidates must be within the average age of 40 years old. Chinese language scholars must have obtained a Higher School Degree or above. Professional scholars must either be university students in grade 2 or above or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Advanced Scholar scholarship candidates must be the average age of 50 years old and must have obtained a Master’s degree or above, and have an associate professor title or above.
- The candidate’s Chinese language proficiency requirement depends on their chosen academic program’s requirements and is decided by the individual higher learning institution.
- Candidate must not be receiving financial aid from the Chinese government or any other organization.
- Candidates must meet the entry requirements of their chosen university and program.
How To Apply
Here are the step-by-step instructions for applying for the Hubei Government Scholarship:
- Refer to the list of universities offering the Hubei Government Scholarship and select one.
- After finalizing your decision, visit that university’s website specifically meant for international students and go to the Scholarships tab.
- Click on Hubei Municipal Government Scholarship. There, you will find a complete procedure guide of that university with all the required forms and documents.
- If the online university requires it, fill in its application form online.
- Please search for the university’s address to send them your documents.
The following is the general list of documents that you would need to submit to apply for the Hubei Government Scholarship:
- Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship application form
- Notarized highest diploma
- Letter of Recommendation
- Passport copy
- Notarized Transcript or Certificate of Job Title
- Health Certificate
- Candidates who are below 18 years of age should also send the legal documents of their legal guardians in China
- Other documents required by the chosen university
- Master’s degree candidates should submit a study plan
- Doctorate candidates should submit a research proposal
How can I get a Wuhan University of Technology scholarship?
You can do so by applying for the Hubei Government Scholarship since the Wuhan University of Technology is listed as one of the universities offering it. Follow the steps for application and make sure you are eligible.
What does a Type B scholarship mean?
A Type B scholarship is a full scholarship offered by China’s Ministry of Education to support and assist international students pursuing higher education.