- Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: Government of United Kingdom
- Institutions: Kingston University
- Type: Partially Funded one-time scholarship
- Degree Program: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: GBP 5,000 (approx. USD 6,000)
- Deadline: 13th November 2023
The Kingston University scholarship is open to international students wanting to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Kingston university.
The scholarships offered by Kingston University are partial scholarships, which means you must find other means to cover your living costs and the outstanding amount for fees.
These scholarships are offered to encourage academic excellence, develop relationships and increase the diversity of the student population in the university. With the scholarship, talented students can proceed to higher levels of learning and research.
What we will cover?
Scholarship Value and Duration
The Kingston University scholarships amount to a total of GBP 5,000. Those paying their tuition in installments will have GBP 5,000 deducted from their last installment. Those paying the full tuition fee in advance can deduct the GBP 5,000 from their total fees.
These scholarships are given to successful international applicants in the first year of their studies.
Opportunity Focus Areas
The following lists the specific subjects or areas that the scholarships focus on:
- Accounting, banking, and finance
- Art and design
- Computing and information systems
- Creative writing
- Digital media
- Environment and hazards
- Journalism and publishing
- Life sciences
- Performance, film, and media
- Architecture and landscape
- Chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences
- Creative industries and the creative economy
- Geographical information systems and science
- Human resource management
- International relations and politics
- General management
- Nursing and midwifery
- Sports science and nutrition
To apply for a Kingston University International Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be an international student and classify as paying ‘overseas fees’
- You must not be currently part of a Kingston University foundation course or degree.
- You must have received an undergraduate or postgraduate course offer at Kingston University.
How To Apply
To apply for a Kingston University scholarship, follow these steps:
- Create a Kingston University account on the UCAS website.
- Submit an application to Kingston University.
- After receiving a conditional or unconditional offer from the university, you can apply for a scholarship on their website.
These are the following documents that must be submitted as part of your application for an International Scholarship:
- Offer email
- Personal statement (500 words maximum)
- Academic reference from employer or previous teacher
- Academic transcript (if your final transcript is not available until after the deadline, you can submit your most recent transcript; the decision is made based on the grades you present and not the grades that you expect)
How are the scholarships given?
The Kingston University scholarships are given based on the following:
- Academic merit
- Your expectations from your chosen degree course
- Your expectations after finishing your course
What happens after sending my application?
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email on the same day. All applicants will be emailed the final decision a month or so before the start of the term.
If any documents are missing, ‘chasing emails’ will be sent out. The Scholarship Committee has the final say and does not have any correspondence with any of the applicants.
Can I apply for an external scholarship even when I have applied for an internal scholarship?
Yes, you can combine an externally awarded scholarship with the scholarship you receive from Kingston University.
Can I apply for a faculty scholarship along with the international scholarship?
Yes, it is possible to apply for more than one scholarship at Kingston University. However, you can only accept one Kingston University scholarship.