Government Of Turkey Scholarship
If studying in a foreign country for free is something that you desire to do, Turkey might be a good choice. By the end of this article, you will have all the information you need to know about scholarship opportunities offered by the government of Turkey to international students.
- Country: Turkey
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: Government of Turkey
- Institutions: All Turkish Universities
- Type: Fully Funded one-time scholarship
- Degree Program: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral
- Scholarship Amount: PhD: 1,800 TL monthly; Masters: 1,400 TL monthly; Bachelor: 1000 TL monthly.
- Deadline: 20th February 2023.
The Turkish government has launched several scholarship programs in Turkey to assist International students looking to study in Turkey.
Announcements for the scholarship opportunities offered by the Turkish government for the 2023 – 2024 batch will be on 10th January 2023. Therefore, it’s best for all students looking to study in Turkish institutions for a doctorate, master, or bachelor’s degree to get the documents needed for applying for the Turkish scholarships ready before then.
Although Turkish Government scholarships do not mandate an IELTS test, proficiency in English and Turkish language is acknowledged. There are no application fees demanded applying to Turkish institutions for scholarships. Turkish Government scholarships have numerous advantages. Let’s consider the benefits, the procedure for the application, the documents required, and the criteria for eligibility associated with Turkey Government Scholarship.
Benefits Of Turkish Government Scholarship/Türkiye Scholarship
There are a good number of benefits associated with scholarship programs in Turkey. These benefits include;
- Free cultural and academic programs
- Free accommodation
- Travel expenses coverage
- Health coverage
- Monthly stipends (PhD: 1,800 TL monthly; Masters: 1,400 TL monthly; Bachelor: 1000 TL monthly)
- Tuition coverage
- Free Turkish language courses
The purpose of offering free courses in the Turkish language is to promote Turkish culture among international students. Monthly stipends also vary among different Turkish scholarship programs. These stipends are given to students to assist them financially throughout their stay in Turkey.
Language Requirements For Turkish Government Scholarship/Türkiye Scholarship
Depending on the department, lectures in Turkish universities are delivered in English, Turkish and other languages. However, English remains the principal language in most Turkish institutions. So to apply for a Turkish scholarship, candidates must meet the English language program requirements.
While IELTS tests are not mandatory, having proof of proficiency in English is compulsory for candidates. Advisably, a candidate needs to check the tests accepted by their choice institutions before providing an adequate result.
Potential students applying for a program in Turkish, English, or other languages must also submit a C1-level certificate for proficiency in Turkish. Students who fail to provide the necessary certificate will undergo a 1-year course in the Turkish language and attain a C1-level certification for proficiency in the Turkish language.
Turkish Government Scholarships are available for international students who want to attain a PhD, bachelor, or master’s degree.
Research scholarships are also included in Turkish government scholarships for academics and researchers looking to achieve excellence, provided they meet the eligibility requirement set for the scholarship program.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For Turkish Government Scholarships?
The eligibility requirement for Turkish government scholarships include the following;
- Academic Excellence
A good record of academic excellence and sound cultural knowledge from prospects applying for Turkish Government Scholarships is needed.
A minimum of 70% academic achievement is mandatory for undergraduate students who want to apply for Turkish scholarships.
Graduate students must have a minimum of 75% academic achievement.
The minimum academic achievement required for candidates in health departments and health-related sciences is 90%.
- Age Requirement
All undergraduate students applying for the Turkish government scholarship program must be under 21. For a Master’s program, applicants must not be above 30 years old. Students for a PhD program must be below the age of 35. Candidates applying for Research scholarships must be below the age of 45.
You can find full list of fully Funded Phd Scholarship here.
- Foreign Citizenship
Turkish scholarships are only available to international students. Therefore Turkish citizens are not eligible to apply for Turkish government scholarships. Students already running a program in Turkish universities are also not eligible to apply for a scholarship program at their current level of study.
How to Apply For Turkish Government Scholarship?
The steps to apply for a Turkish government scholarship are as follows;
- First, generate a profile on the Turkish scholarship application network.
- Upload the necessary documents needed in the relevant fields.
- Fill in experiences and extracurricular activities in the appropriate fields.
- Select the program you desire to study and your university of choice.
- Draft a letter showing your expectations for the future, your goal, and your preferences.
- Review and submit your application.
Documents needed for applying for a Turkish government scholarship
- An Identity card.
- A personal photograph of yourself that was taken within the last year.
- Academic transcripts
- Results of previous exams
- Language proficiency test, depending on your selected program or institution.
- For PhD applications, a research proposal is necessary.
- Graduation or Diploma certificate, depending on the requirements for your selected program.
- A handwritten example of research performed previously is needed for PhD applications.
- Results like SAT, GMAT, GRE, etc, if needed by your selected program or institution. Applicants with SAT, GMAT, GRE, and similar results must fulfil the minimum qualification requirement for secondary education.
Turkish Government Scholarship Deadline
The application system for the Turkish government scholarship will be available from 10th January 2023. The deadline for the scholarship program is 20th February 2023.