Are you looking to study abroad in Azerbaijan? Our step-by-step process will help you get started! You’ll learn how to apply, where to apply, & what kinds of requirements you should meet.
- Country of origin: Azerbaijan
- Funded by: The Republic of Azerbaijan
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate
- Duration: As per the selected program
- Deadline: April 01, 2024
What we will cover?
What is The Government of Azerbaijan’s Scholarship?
The Government of Azerbaijan’s Scholarship provides full funding for international students to study undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral-level courses. It covers tuition fees, flights, a monthly stipend of 800 AZN, health insurance, and visa/registration costs. Only 40 candidates are selected each program year to study abroad in various undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for medical specializations in Azerbaijan.
Coverage of scholarships
The Azerbaijan government offers a variety of scholarships to help young people from all over the world study in this country. Whether you’re looking for a scholarship to study for one year, two years, or three years, there is something for everyone. With the Azerbaijani Government Scholarship, you will get the benefits mentioned below:
- The cost of tuition fee
- Paid for flights abroad
- An allowance for meals per month, hostels, & utilities will be paid
- Insurance for medical care
- Costs associated with visas and registration
You have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Government of Azerbaijan’s Scholarship:
- Languages of preference: There are three options English, Malay, and Arabic
- Visit the official website for a list of eligible countries
- Undergraduate & courses in general medicine: Under the age of 25yrs
- Younger than 30yrs for graduate & residency programs
- Doctorate programs: 40 yrs or younger age
The Application Process
To qualify for this scholarship, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Register on the official website
2. The application form must be filled out
3. Translate and notarize all documents in English/Russian
4. Must attach all the required documents with the application form
5. Please do not submit documents directly. They will not be considered
6. To submit documents, please send them to the appropriate government institution in your country [ministries/consulates, etc.] or any Azerbaijani Embassy or consulate in your country.
Transcripts and diplomas from prior university or high school studies
Complete health status certificates
A resume or CV
Letter of Motivation
English Proficiency Proof [Certificates of exams passed such as IELTS & TOEFL as per need]
What Happens After You Apply?
After you submit your application, you can expect a response within 1-2 weeks. If you are accepted, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will email you with instructions on applying for the visa. If your application is rejected, they will inform you in writing & share their reasons for the rejection. Your files are never sent back to you, so please be sure not to send sensitive information such as personal identification numbers or social security numbers, as these cannot be protected.
You may reapply for the scholarship anytime, but only one application per year is allowed. The scholarship cannot be deferred or postponed. Once accepted, it must be taken during the same academic year that it was offered. Students who cannot attend due to unforeseen circumstances may transfer the award to another qualified student. It is important to note that if accepted & then declined, there is no possibility for a second application or request for funds from this scholarship program until the following year.
We hope this step-by-step process has been helpful to you & if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the embassy. If you would like to know more about the Azerbaijani government scholarship program, please visit their official website at https://aida.mfa.gov.az/en/static/22