Beijing, China’s Yenching Academy (also known as Yanjing Academy) is a postgrad school affiliated with Peking University. It is home to the Yenching Grant, a famous international scholarship programme with full funding that aims to “develop leaders who will champion global advancement and cultural understanding.” The school provides complete scholarships to Yenching Scholars, who are chosen every year from all over the world, with one or two years of education resulting in a postgraduate program from Peking University.
The intakes for Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships are now open.
What we will cover?
Summary of Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Fully- Funded
Offered by: Yenching Academy
Institutions: Peking University
Degree Program: Master studies
Program period: Two years
Deadline: November 27, 2023
Description of Scholarship
The Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarship, a fully paid master’s scholarship, will select 120 students. The tuition cost, travel, monthly stipend, accommodation, and health plan are all included in these scholarships. Peking University offers an interdisciplinary master’s programme in China Studies with the aim of bridging China and the international community. This initiative gathers youth of the world, those who have proven leadership and innovative talent. They are given an intense learning environment in Yenching where they can learn about China’s past, present, and future in the world. Through a deep knowledge of China, the college seeks to mould a new generation of global citizens.
The scholarship is covering for the following:
- Tuition charges
- Monthly allowance
- Health Insurance
Selection Criteria For Scholarships at Yenching Academy of Peking University
The student has to fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for applying to the scholarships at Yenching University:
- Language: Different English language competency exams are acceptable if the student fulfills the requirements mentioned below. However, English proficiency test results are not required of students or graduates of degree programmes who have studied in English by native English speakers or alumni.
IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
CET 6: Overall 600
TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- At the time of applying, the candidate must already hold their 16-year bachelor’s degree.
- The students who are already enrolled may be eligible if they finish their degrees by August 31, 2023.
- Candidates should hold an excellent academic record.
- Must be really interested in studying cross-disciplinary courses.
- Candidates with extracurricular achievements, community participation, social accountability, and executive abilities will be given preference.
How can International Students Apply for a Scholarship at Peking University?
- Begin your application process at the students’ portal through this link —YENCHING Admissions Website
- To increase your chances of getting accepted and for guidance, get in touch with alumni and faculty members here— ACADEMY-Yenching Academy of Peking University (pku.edu.cn)
- The following documents in pdf format are required
- Online application form
- Personal statement (750 words)
- Official transcripts
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- English competency tests with minimum passing scores
To find out for yourself, visit the official website here https://yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn
Past scholarship winners : https://yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn/student.jsp?urltype=tree.TreeTempUrl&wbtreeid=1143&year=2022