- Country: Netherlands
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Institutions:Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Type: Tuition waiver; no expenses included
- Degree Program: Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: tuition fee waivered; no additional allowance
- Holland scholarship program: 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR for one year for living expenses
- Duration: One or two years of the Master’s program; the second year of the course is funded only if all first-year credits are obtained.
- Deadline:1st December 2022
Under the VU Fellowship Program, gifted and deserving non-EU/EEA students have the exceptional opportunity to study for a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VUFP). VU Amsterdam has pledged to contribute around one million euros to attract talented and ambitious students. They offer English-taught Master’s Degree Programmes.
Holland Scholarship Program
- When you apply for the VUFP scholarship, you also immediately apply for the HSP. No further application is necessary.
- HSP is a contribution toward living costs. It is either 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR for the duration of your study time. Please take note:
- The HSP grant is only offered for the first year of your academic program. Even if you are enrolled in a two-year program, your second year of study will disqualify you from the HSP scholarship.
- There are approximately 20–25 HSP scholarships available. Few VUFP recipients will receive the HSP scholarship.
- A non-EEA citizen.
- Not a citizen of the Netherlands.
- Demonstrate your intellectual prowess (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
- Starting in September 2023, you are unconditionally or conditionally admitted to the first year of a full-time Master’s program at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam taught in English. Please note that applications are not accepted from students starting classes in February, and joint programs where VU Amsterdam does not handle admissions are not eligible for the VUFP.
- Did not get the degree you are requesting admission to within the Netherlands.
- Before starting your Master, you are not required to undergo a preparation program.
Step 1: Register for a Master’s program (from 1st October 2022).
Step 2: VUFP application submission (from 1st November 2022).
Step 3: The decision will be made on 1st February 2023, according to which students shall be granted the scholarship.
Step 4: Results are expected to be out by late March 2023.
Step 5: Acceptance/approval of VUFP or HSP offer shall be reflected on the VU dashboard by the end of March 2023.