- Country: Canada
- Offered by: Winnipeg University
- Institutions: Winnipeg University
- Number of Scholarships: 18
- Degree Program: Undergraduate, Master, and Diploma
- Scholarship Amount: $3,500 to $5,000
- Fall (September) May 1,
- Winter (January) September 15
- Spring (May) February 1
Great news! Applications for University of Winnipeg Scholarships are now open for students planning to study in Canada. In this article, we will go through the scholarship, its perks, and other relevant information regarding the application process.
This year’s scholarships at the University of Winnipeg are valued from $3,500 to $5,000. Those under the Collegiate, PACE and ELP categories will get $3,500. Meanwhile, those who fall under the Graduate and Undergraduate will get $5,000.
Details of the University of Winnipeg Scholarships
The University of Winnipeg has over 1,000 students from 75 different countries. With international students accounting for more than 12% of the university population, the institution is committed to providing students worldwide with equal access to higher education.
As a result, support services and initiatives are in place, such as financial help, to assist with this. As an international student, you have many options for funding your study. Below is the list of awards and scholarships for international students.
- Automatic Entrance Awards.
- President’s Scholarship for World Leaders.
- In-Course Awards.
The University of Winnipeg is also dedicated to making higher education more affordable for indigenous students and students with disabilities. Below are scholarships and awards available at The University of Winnipeg for indigenous students and students with disabilities.
- The Business Council of Manitoba Aboriginal Education Awards
- Helen Betty Osborne Memorial Awards
- Louis Riel Bursaries
- Mary Guilbault Metis Bursary
- MMF PSESP
- Government Student Aid
The Requirements to Apply for the University of Winnipeg Scholarships
Each scholarship has its own set of requirements. However, if you want to apply for a scholarship at The University of Winnipeg as an international student, you must meet a number of criteria below.
- Be an international student.
- Beginning the very first year of any program.
- Have a minimum entrance average of 80% or above.
- Display good leadership abilities.
- Accepted to university before the scholarship deadline.
Application Process for University of Winnipeg Scholarships
You can apply for scholarships at The University of Winnipeg through the university’s website. The online application is designed to help applicants find relevant scholarships and awards.
Here are some steps to follow when applying for scholarships at The University of Winnipeg.
- Prepare information about your GPA, accomplished credit hours, major, and other elements from your student record. This information can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After that, you’ll need to fill out the General Application, tell the university more about yourself, and check this PDF form. You must outline your financial needs, academic background, educational ambitions, and so on at this stage.
- Once your General Application is complete, you can proceed to the Award Opportunities Application for Fall or Entrance. You will also be given a list of Recommended Opportunities for which you may be eligible to apply. Check more details of the application deadline here.
The application process will determine your eligible rewards based on data from your student record and submitted forms. Educational attainment, financial necessity, academic background, and extracurricular activities can all be used as selection factors.