The University of Waterloo is one of the world’s leading research & teaching institutions with an international reputation as an innovative & top-performing university.
- Country of origin: Canada
- Funded by: University of Waterloo
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Bachelor’s & Master’s degree, Ph.D.
- Duration: As per the course selected
1. Bachelor’s: Apr 15th, July 15th, Nov 15th
2. Master’s degree/Ph.D.: As per the program
An overview of the scholarship
A public research university in Ontario, Canada, the University of Waterloo is one of the world’s most renowned. The school offers scholarships to international students interested in pursuing undergraduate, master & Ph.D. studies. The scholarship will cover tuition fees and living expenses. Applicants must have high academic standing & be proficient in English to be eligible for this scholarship. Along with being international students from a developing country, they also need to demonstrate their leadership potential by submitting an essay about how they want to impact society.
You can find full list of scholarships in Canada here.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
1. The University of Waterloo is the top-ranked engineering school in Canada & one of the most prestigious universities in North America.
2. The scholarship provides up to $10,000 per year, which covers your tuition fees, books, & living expenses.
3. It does not cover airfare or health insurance.
4. The International Master’s Award of Excellence is worth $2,500 per term and can be awarded for up to six terms.
1. The requirements are that the applicant must be an international student who has been offered a place in an undergraduate, master or Ph.D. program at the University of Waterloo;
2. The scholarship is awarded to all global students
3. Candidates with excellent academic records will be considered before those with lower GPAs and fewer extracurricular activities
4. All eligible applications will receive consideration, but not every eligible application will result in an award, as there are limited awards available
5. Valid Canadian study permit holders are eligible to apply.
6. Faculty may set stricter eligibility requirements if necessary.
How to apply?
1. Fill and submit the application forms are available on the University website
2. Interested students should submit a completed application form by the given deadline
3. Need to show English language proficiency with IELTS (6.5) or TOEFL (80) scores
4. Full scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit & financial need
5. Scholarships will be selected & nominated by faculty members.
The Best Reasons to Study at the University of Waterloo
1.A world-renowned university
Located in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, the University of Waterloo is recognized as one of the best universities in North America. The school is a public research university with over 18,000 students enrolled for undergraduate and graduate studies. It is home to faculty members who are award-winning researchers & internationally-recognized academic leaders. This year marks its 50th anniversary and an exciting time for growth & innovation.
2.A research powerhouse
Waterloo is a research powerhouse and is proud of the fact that it has more R&D investment per square foot than any other university in Canada. That means our students learn from world-leading experts and get first-hand experience working on projects that will shape our future. Plus, there’s no better place in Canada for those who want to pursue a career in academia.
3. A top choice for cooperative education
Waterloo’s cooperative education program is one of the best in Canada and is recognized worldwide. Co-op allows you to complete your degree by alternating between semesters studying on campus and semesters working full-time as a co-op student with a company relevant to your field. You will learn practical skills employers are looking for, such as how to solve problems on your own, work in teams, and manage projects independently.
4. A hub for tech talent
Many students are drawn to our world-class engineering programs, but there are also many other reasons why our university is one of the best in North America. You can find a hub for tech talent on campus or take courses in gender studies, environmental studies, & more. We’re located near Toronto, which makes it easy to access internships & job opportunities. With a low tuition fee & generous financial aid package, you’ll be able to get ahead without incurring unmanageable debt.
5. A beautiful campus
There are so many reasons why studying at UW is worth it. One of them is that our campus is gorgeous, and you’ll spend a lot of time here. Whether walking from class to class or grabbing some food from one of our many delicious dining halls, you’re going to love the buildings & grounds we have on campus. We also have water fountains! You can’t study all day, though, & sometimes all you want to do is take a break. Luckily, there are plenty of places around campus for people like us who need a little help unwinding.
Scholarships like this offer international students the chance to pursue their academic goals & educational excellence in Canada. Check out the scholarship’s website at https://uwaterloo.ca/graduate-studies-postdoctoral-affairs/awards/international-masters-award-excellence-imae