The University of Melbourne in Australia provides an excellent opportunity for international students to study for their Master’s or PhD at the top university in Australia. The scholarships provided by the university are fully-funded and cover full tuition fees, accommodation charges, and travel expenses. Students can also participate in additional activities to win prizes that motivate them and upgrade their CVs, which helps them in professional work.
Study Level: Master’s and PhD
University: University of Melbourne
Program Duration: Two years for study, which includes research and a master’s program
3 to 3.5 years for PhD studies, research, and thesis
Country for Study: Australia
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fee of two years for a Master’s degree and three to four years for the doctoral study program.
- The scholarship program also provides a living cost to each student, about $31,200 per year. They will get a living allowance as long as their studies are continued in the degree program they have applied for.
- The applicants will also receive the money first for establishing themselves there. The students who are going from the States will get $2000, and the international students from outside Australia will get $3000
- Medical insurance and single membership by the Overseas Student Health Cover will also be provided to the study visa holders.
- Language: If the last course you studied was entirely taught in English, you fulfil the language criteria. But if the language of your previous degree was other than English, then you need to clear the language proficiency test, i.e. OET or IELTS.
- Research: Some students need to submit the research proposal while applying as part of their application process. The research must include the current updates in that field.
- Students should find and finalize their research supervisors who must have all the skills related to their field.
- Character certificate and medical fitness tests.
- You must have gotten more than 75% scores during the last year of the course that you have studied previously.
- Other eligible criteria or requirements vary depending on the program and course you chose.
How to Apply?
- First, you need to choose your course of study. If you have a graduation degree, then you can go for a master of research or philosophy. And if you have already completed your Master’s degree, then you can choose a PhD in research or philosophy.
- Check the eligibility criteria and fee schedule provided by the university. If you are selected for the scholarship, you don’t need to submit any fee as it is fully funded.
- If you fail to achieve the scholarship, you will be enrolled as a full fee-paying student.
- Documents that you need to submit:
- CV and transcripts of the last degree
- Research proposal and publications of the research
- You must submit the details of at least two referees. If you are applying within five years of study completion, the references should be from your institution. Otherwise, they should be from your professional workplace.
- Find a supervisor for yourself.
- Wait for at least 8 to 12 weeks after applying for any university email.
- After selection from the university, you can choose your accommodation.