Applications open on 1st October 2023.
Canada is a great country, and the educational system is just exceptional. If you want or study at a Canadian institution on a scholarship, that’s a great idea. A considerable number of scholarship programs are available in Canada. In this article, we will consider one such scholarship program – the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship – and the benefits of the program. Let’s dive in.
What we will cover?
- Country: Canada
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: University of Calgary/Enrolment Services
- Institutions: University Of Calgary
- Type: Fully Funded one-time Scholarship
- Degree Program: Bachelor
- Scholarship Amount: Up to $60,000
- Number of Scholarships: 2
- Deadline: December 1st, 2023 and March 1st, 2024.
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is an award of great significance that acknowledges exceptional feats achieved by international candidates undertaking their undergraduate courses at the University of Calgary in the Fall term. The scholarship program is for international candidates who are not citizens of Canada or permanent residents of Canada and who meet the eligibility requirements for gaining entry into the institution.
To be eligible for this scholarship program, candidates must meet the following criteria,
- Candidates must be undergraduate international students starting their first year in the university by fall.
- Candidates must meet the English proficiency requirement set by the institution.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.20
Note that the criteria for the scholarship program do not involve only educational achievements but also feats accomplished outside the school walls.
Benefits Of The University Of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
Benefits of the scholarship include an award of $15000 given to scholarship winners each year. The scholarship prize is for every year. To continue benefiting from the scholarship program, candidates must score a minimum GPA of 2.60 and at least 24 units in the previous year. Each candidate that achieves this gets a scholarship reward of $60000 for the four years of the undergraduate scholarship program.
To apply for the University of Calgary international entrance scholarship, visit the official website below. Applications end by the 1st of December 2023 for those seeking early admission and the 1st of March 2024 for candidates seeking standard admission.