The University of Brunei Darussalam is a national research institute in Brunei that was founded in 1985. This university is ranked at #256 by QS World University rankings. The university is open to both national and international students.
The Brunei Government is offering a fully funded scholarship to international students, which will also cover their monthly stipend and academic expenses.
University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Summary
- Country: Brunei
- Funded by: Brunei Government
- Institute: University of Brunei
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree, PhD Degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully funded
- Deadline: 28 February 2023
After achieving this scholarship, students can pursue their master’s or phD degree in any of the following fields:
- Arts and social sciences
- Business and economics
- Health Sciences
- Asian Studies
- Policy studies
- Islamic studies
- Integrated technologies
- Advanced material and energy studies
- Brunei studies
After receiving the University of Brunei Darussalam scholarship, the recipient will be facilitated with the following benefits:
- The recipient will get a monthly stipend of 500 BND for 36 months.
- The scholar can get free on-campus accommodation for 36 months.
- There is an annual book allowance of 600 BND for the recipient.
- There is a monthly meal allowance of BND 150.
- An economy class airfare is provided to the student from their country of origin upon accepting the scholarship. Moreover, economy-class air tickets from Brunei to the country of origin will also be provided on the completion of degree.
- The recipient will get insurance coverage for the whole duration of the scholarship.
- The student will also receive an allowance for their field research. This covers 2000 BND for science students, while 1000 BND for arts and humanities research work.
- Students from Brunei and all around the world are eligible to apply for the University of Brunei Darussalam scholarship.
- To pursue the master’s degree program, you must have a first-class bachelor’s degree. Similarly, for the phd program, you should have a master’s degree with a good publication record.
- The applicant must be fluent in English. 6.0 should be the minimum band for IELTS and an overall score of 550 in the case of TOEFL.
- The applicant must be fit to study in the field he chose.
- The research proposal should be of high quality and impactful.
How to Apply
Here are the steps to apply online for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship.
- Open the link to the online application form.
- Carefully fill in all the mandatory fields. Failure to fill in the necessary information will exempt you from submitting the form.
- Upload the required documents in pdf form. This includes:
- IELTS or TOEFL score or English Language Proficiency Certificate.
- Security clearance letter
- Copy of international passport
- Academic certificates and university transcripts
- Letter of permission from the employer in case you are employed in any private or government sector.
4.Recheck the whole application and click submit.
Remember that, as an international student, you must also submit hard copies of the documents. Post the hard copies to ‘Office of Admissions, Chancellor Hall, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Tungku Link, Gadong BE1410, Brunei Darussalam.’
You can visit the university’s official site https://ubd.edu.bn/admission/scholarships.html any time to get more information about the University of Brunei Scholarships.