Thailand Government, under TIPP (Thailand International Post Graduate Program), provides scholarships to international students. TIPP was developed in 2000 as the framework for providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners.
TIPP provides Thailand and its partners the opportunity to exchange their best experiences that would contribute to sustainable development for all. Thailand Government Scholarship covers all allowances of money, books, thesis, and living.
Thailand Scholarship is a new opportunity for international students to accomplish their Master’s Degree at Thailand Institution. TIPP Scholarship focuses on development topics that are categorized into five themes; Public Health, Climate Change, Food Security, SEP (Sufficiency Economy Philosophy), and other topics related to SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals).
What we will cover?
Host Country: Thailand
Study level: Masters
Institution: Thailand Government / Thailand University
Scholarship duration: The scholarship is available for the duration of the course
Deadline: 15th March 2023
Opportunity focal areas
All the courses available for Master’s are:
Master of Arts in Environment, Development, and sustainability
Master of public health program
Master of Arts program in International Studies and Diplomacy
Master in Health Science Research
Master of Science program in Agriculture
Master of Science program in Pharmacology
Master in Organic agriculture Management
Master in Disaster management
Master in food, science, and Technology
Master in Environmental Engineering
Master of Science program in Biology
Master in Global Health and one Health
Master in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Master in Bioscience for Sustainable Agriculture
Master in Parasitology
Master in Nutraceutical and Functional Foods
Master in Environmental Management and Technology
Master in Dermatology and Dermato-surgery
Master in Agricultural Research and development
Master of Social innovation and sustainability
Master of Arts in Asia pacific studies
Master of Arts program in Diplomacy and international studies
Master of Science program in Social, Economic, and Administrative Pharmacy
Candidates must have a good command of the English language. If English is not their first language, they should pass an English Language Proficiency Test according to their chosen University.
South East Asia
- The scholarship recipient will get a free pick-up service from the airport while going to Thailand and a return ticket when returning to the home country.
- The tuition fee will be provided to the institution directly by TICA.
- The living cost is about 7000 Baht per month.
- Books cost about 10,000 Baht every year.
- Apart from this, the students will also get a settlement allowance during the first year right after their arrival in the country to avoid difficulties settling down.
- The accommodation fee is also provided by the scholarship department. On average, a recipient gets 7000 Baht if he is living in regional areas and 9000 Baht in the case of Bangkok and Phuket.
- The Government will also provide medical insurance.
- If the applicant has any thesis work, he will get a bonus of 20,000 Baht for thesis work, 12,000 Baht for the printing work, and 8000 Baht for individual study printing.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You must have good English skills when applying for the Thailand scholarships. But if your graduate degree is not in English, you must take the English language proficiency test to qualify for the scholarships.
The applicant must be a resident of the eligible countries according to the Thailand government criteria.
The students should have work experience or a graduate degree in the department where they are applying for post-graduation.
Medical and physical fitness are also compulsory for getting scholarships. You need to get your medical tests done before applying.
The age of the candidate should be less than 50 years for post-graduation.
There should be no violation of the rules; otherwise, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
How to apply for Thailand Government Scholarships?
To apply for scholarships in Thailand following steps should be taken into consideration:
- The application form is available online on the website of TICA, which you should fill out with all the required and accurate information.
- National Focal Point for International Development Co-operation nominates candidates for the selection of the scholarships. If not, then any other relevant government agency can nominate the students for whom they work or may work in the future. The agency will forward the applications to the Thai Embassy or other relevant institutes.
- You must attach one original with two copies of the following documents with the application form:
- Medical fitness report
- The application for TIPP, which you have downloaded from the website
- English language proficiency test score report
- Certificate of the graduation degree along with the transcripts to show the subjects that you have studied during the four years of graduation
- Authenticate recommendation letters from at least three people
- Thesis proposal
- The applicant must fill the form with correct and authentic information under the supervision of the National Focal Point for International Development Co-operation. Each eligible country can nominate at least five candidates for the scholarship program.
- The application procedure will be completed when TICA receives the application forms, a hard copy, and the documents.