International undergraduate and graduate students who wish to study in the US have this amazing opportunity to get a fully funded scholarship from Stanford University US. The university offers about 100 graduate and MBA scholarships and 1700 undergraduate scholarships for international students for 2023. While applying for the undergraduate scholarship program for the year 2023, you don’t need to provide the score of SAT or ACT.
Along with the tuition fee, the Stanford scholarship also includes airfare, accommodation, health, tickets, and additional cost. The duration of scholarships offered by Stanford University is four years for undergraduates, two years for MBA, three years for a master’s, and four to five years for a Ph.D.
- Country: USA
- Institutions: Stanford University
- Type: Fully Funded one-time scholarship
- Degree Program: Undergraduate, Graduate, MBA, Ph.D., MD, MFA.
- Scholarship Coverage: Tuition fee, annual economy class ticket, and all living expenses
- Deadline: For bachelor’s, 5th January 2023. For graduates, 12th October 2023
Stanford University Benefits
Stanford is among the best universities in the world where popular personalities like Bill Gates and the CEO of Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, have studied. The university is known for providing top-class education, which is why it remains a top priority for the majority of students around the world.
Students with a family income of less than $150,000 are eligible for free tuition fees. However, if your family makes less than $65,000 a year, you are eligible for accommodation, free tuition fees, and other financial benefits.
Here is what more Stanford University scholarship has to offer:
- Travel Stipend: It covers the expense of an economy class ticket annually to and from Stanford. This scholarship also supports supplemental funds in case you need to travel for a conference or any other academic activities.
- Accommodation: Knight Hennessy Scholarship covers the cost of living, instructional materials, academic supplies, books, local transportation, and other small living expenses.
- You should be able to understand and speak English fully.
- Students from any country around the world can apply for the Knight Hennessy scholarship.
- You must be able to fluently speak, understand, read and listen to English to secure admission to Stanford University US. For the MBA program, you can provide the score of both the IELTS and PTE. However, for the graduate programs, you need to provide TOEFL.
- You must apply as a full-time Stanford student to the Knight Hennessy scholarship. Priority for the scholarship will be given to those students who aim to study for at least two years at Stanford University.
- Depending upon the degree program you select, you may need to provide the scores for a standardized test. The tests may include, but are not limited to, MCAT, GRE, LSAT, and GMAT).
- You should be ready to gain new experiences and knowledge and willing to learn new things, which should reflect in your statement of purpose.
- Some of your personal traits should include self-awareness, humbleness, kindness, and ambition. You must be willing to take risks and always strive to improve yourself.
Check out the full list of USA scholarships: Digitalvaults.org/scholarships-in-usa-for-international-students/
Courses Applicable for Stanford University Scholarship
This scholarship is for undergraduate, graduate, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MPP, MS, and Ph.D. programs. The following fields of study are available at Stanford University USA:
- All fields of engineering
- Business and Management
- Biomedical sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Earth and energy studies
- Continuing studies
How to Apply for a Scholarship at Stanford University?
There are two ways to apply for a scholarship at Stanford University. You can apply for a Knight Hennessy scholarship or normal admission. Stanford University’s Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program offers fully funded scholarships to international students. Here is how you can apply:
- Visit the Knight-Hennessy Stanford website. Create an account to start the application process.
- The Online application form includes the academic and personal information of the applicant. This will also have the details of your interest and extracurricular activities. The online Application form will consist of the following section:
- Personal background
- Program selection
- Academic history of the applicant
- Test score
- Program supplemental
- Additional information
- Along with that, there will be a long list of required documents that you need to submit. (You can see the list of the required documents in the next section).
- Ensure you write all the details clearly and submit the application online. Don’t submit the application via e-mail or post.
- Submit the application once you have completed the application form and have provided all the required documents.
You need to either provide detail of the following documents or attach the required documents to complete the application process.
- Attach two recommendation letters with the application form.
- A resume that reflects your personal and professional background.
- An essay of a maximum of 1,750 words should shed some light on what you want to pursue in your life and how Stanford can help you achieve what you want. Also, include how the influences in your life have helped you be a better person.
- List at least eight facts about you, and also tell about three of your goals and objectives that you are currently working on.
- A short video of 30 seconds to 2 minutes that include your answer.
- Give a transcript (unofficial) of your experience and academic record of the previous institutions you have attended.
- In-person interview
What is the eligibility requirement for an applicant who has studied at an institution outside the US?
To secure your admission to a graduate program, you should have a bachelor’s or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution. A three-year bachelor’s degree is not considered sufficient for Stanford Institute admission. However, a three-year bachelor’s degree from the Canadian province of Quebec is accepted. For the rest of the provinces, 4-year bachelor’s degrees are required.
Is it necessary to pass the English proficiency test?
Since all the lectures and group discussions will be conducted in the English language, you should understand basic English and Should be able to express your thoughts in the English language clearly. If you are a non-native speaker, you need to pass the English proficiency test called the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Is there any GPA requirement for Stanford?
Stanford doesn’t have any such requirement of GPA or test scores to get the application reviewed or accepted.