Are you considering applying for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)? This is the place for you!
- Country of origin: Singapore
- Funded by: SINGA
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Ph.D. program
- Duration: Four-year period
- For Jan 2024 admissions date will be 1st June 2023
- For Aug 2023 admissions, the date is 1st Dec 2022
The benefits of being SINGA awardees
As a SINGA awardee, you will gain access to a wealth of resources and benefits to help you pursue your research goals and excel in your studies. Here are some of the advantages of becoming SINGA awardee:
• Financial Support: All SINGA awardees are eligible for full financial support for their Ph.D. studies, including tuition fees, monthly stipend, and coverage for research costs. Upon arrival, you will receive a settling-in allowance of $1,000, a monthly stipend of $2,000, & a one-time grant of $1,500 toward your airfare.
• Professional Development: As a SINGA awardee, you will have access to training workshops and seminars to develop your skills & knowledge. These include research methodology, grant writing, and project management.
• Research Facilities: You will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities and equipment in Singapore, enabling you to conduct cutting-edge research.
• Mentorship: You will be assigned a dedicated mentor who will guide your research project and offer valuable advice throughout your Ph.D. journey.
• Networking Opportunities: You can build strong relationships with peers and experts in your field through conferences, seminars, and other events.
• Job Opportunities: Upon completion of your Ph.D. studies, you may be offered permanent or temporary positions at institutes in Singapore or abroad.
Who can apply?
• The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is open to all nationalities.
• Have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university
• Have an excellent academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent
• Have strong research skills
• Demonstrate leadership qualities & the potential to be an effective team player
• Be proficient in English, both written and spoken
How to apply?
• Check the eligibility criteria: The SINGA website provides detailed information on eligible applicants. Make sure to check it thoroughly before proceeding with your application.
• Get your documents ready: You’ll need a valid passport, transcripts, and other relevant documents such as reference letters, research proposals, etc.
• Create an online profile: To apply for SINGA, you must create a profile on their website. Fill out the online form & submit the required documents.
• Prepare for the interview: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. Prepare for the interview by researching SINGA, familiarizing yourself with the research project you’re interested in, & practicing common questions.
• Submit your application: Once all the steps above have been completed, submit your application and wait for a response.
Before you can be considered for the award, there are several documents that you will need to submit as part of your application:
• A completed online application form
• A copy of your passport
• Official transcripts & certificates from your educational institution
• Describe the study you plan to conduct in a research proposal
• two letters of recommendation from faculty members are required
• Proof of English proficiency
• Describe your motivation for applying in a personal statement
• Any other documents required by your intended research institute
The proper preparation & enthusiasm will lead you one step closer to achieving your dream of studying in Singapore. With all the benefits it offers, it is definitely worth applying for!