The Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship offering a unique opportunity for international students to develop their research skills and explore a new country. This program provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grow and expand knowledge in a new environment.
- Country of origin: The USA
- Funded by: Woodrow Wilson International Center
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Study Postdoctoral research
- Duration: 9 months
- Deadline: 1st Oct 2023
About the Woodrow Wilson Center
The Woodrow Wilson Center (WWC) is a think tank based in Washington, DC, that promotes research, scholarship, and dialogue on international affairs. It works to bridge the gap between theory and practice to provide policy solutions to global problems. Founded in 1968, the WWC has a long history of producing innovative & influential research and connecting leading scholars with policymakers. The Center offers a range of fellowships for postdoctoral researchers to conduct independent research and participate in seminars, conferences, & workshops. These include both short-term & year-long opportunities. Each year, the Center awards fully funded Woodrow Wilson Fellowships to outstanding applicants from around the world who demonstrate academic excellence & a commitment to public service.
Who can apply?
• International students currently enrolled in or have recently graduated from a doctoral program.
• Applicants must have a doctorate in hand before the start of the fellowship period.
• Applicants must demonstrate a record of accomplishments relevant to the fellowship.
• Postdoctoral scholars who are at least two years beyond the receipt of their doctoral degrees are also eligible to apply.
• All applicants must be proficient in written & spoken English and can pursue independent research.
How to apply?
1. Visit the Woodrow Wilson Center’s website & read all information related to the fellowship & its criteria.
2. Prepare all necessary documents, such as a CV, statement of purpose, writing samples, reference letters, & any other documents required for the application process.
3. Create an online account on the Woodrow Wilson Center website.
4. Log in to your account & complete the online application form with all relevant information, such as contact details, educational background, work experience, awards, honors, etc.
5. Submit the online application & all required documents before the deadline.
6. After submitting your application, you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
7. If selected, attend the interview with the selection committee & demonstrate your expertise & skills.
8. Once the selection process is completed, you will receive notification of your acceptance into the fellowship program.
Benefits of the fellowship
• Fully funded nine-month fellowship with a stipend of $90,000
• Opportunity to conduct independent research and access a wide variety of resources
• Connect with an international network of academics, policymakers, and professionals
• Engage in collaboration, public outreach, and public speaking opportunities
• Access to travel grants & other support services
• Professional development activities such as workshops, retreats, and online learning modules
• Recognition and awards from the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
• Unique access to the prestigious resources of the Library of Congress and other government agencies
The Woodrow Wilson Center Fellowship is a great way to further your education, gain valuable experience, & build your academic career. If you are interested in taking advantage of this amazing opportunity, then make sure to apply today!
Please visit the official website at https://www.wilsoncenter.org/fellowship-application to learn more about the eligibility requirements and to apply online. The selection process is highly competitive & a completed application must be received by the application deadline to be considered.