- Country: Sweden
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: University of Skövde
- Funded by: University of Skövde
- Tuition Type: Partial tuition
- Degree Program: Masters
- Scholarship Amount: Partial Tuition Fee waiver
- Separate Application Required?: Not Needed
- Deadline: 1 February, 2024
Scholarships consist of a waiver covering 50% of your tuition fees. Upon awarding, this waiver is directly applied, reducing the amount on your tuition fee invoice.
Initially, the scholarship is awarded for a single academic semester. However, it may be renewed for additional semesters if the student maintains satisfactory academic performance.
- Non-EU/EEA and Swiss nationals are eligible.
- The allocation of scholarships is based on strong academic performance, alongside a well-articulated motivation letter and video presentation. Additional factors include other merits aligned with the University of Skövde’s educational or research priorities and geographies emphasized in its strategy for internationalization.
- The master’s course must take place physically at the campus.
- Typically, scholarships for the University of Skövde’s Master’s programs are granted exclusively to applicants who have selected a Skövde master’s course as their top preference during the application process on University Admissions.
- Candidates must have submitted their program application punctually, complying with all deadlines for the initial round of master’s admissions. It’s also required for applicants to satisfy the program’s entry prerequisites, remit the application charge, and ensure all necessary documentation is submitted by the prescribed University Admissions deadline.For information on autumn and spring term deadlines, refer to the key dates and deadlines section on universityadmissions.se.
- The online scholarship application form must be fully completed. Your motivational essay should explain your reasons for choosing the master’s course at the University of Skövde. Applications devoid of a motivational essay will be disregarded.
Note: If you are already accepted or enrolled in a master’s degree at the University of Skövde, you are ineligible for the University of Skövde Masters Scholarships, as these are allocated before starting a master’s program.
Further details are available in the scholarship management guidelines for fee-paying students (pdf).
How to apply
- Submit your application for a master’s degree at Skövde University through the portal UniversityAdmissions.se.
- We urge candidates seeking scholarships to adhere strictly to the first admission round’s deadlines on University Admissions for master’s programs. Scholarship prospects diminish significantly for late submissions through University Admissions.
- Create a video, no longer than two minutes, detailing your aspirations for joining the master’s course at Skövde University and your plans for utilizing the skills gained therein.
- Upload your brief video presentation to an accessible online platform or cloud service for our Scholarship Committee’s review. For instance, you can place the video on Youtube as an unlisted item. We will not download videos; your submission must be viewable directly through the link you provide on the scholarship application.
- Compose a concise statement of purpose explaining your choice of the master’s course at Skövde University. This statement should be conveyed through the scholarship application portal.
Complete the necessary scholarship application, ensuring all compulsory sections are filled, and submit it by the specified deadline. Remember to include your 8-digit application number from http://www.universityadmissions.se/. Enter your statement of purpose in the designated area. Add your video’s URL, verifying its accuracy and completeness.
Important: Scholarships are granted before the start of a master’s programme. Applicants must apply for scholarships in advance of receiving their admission decisions.