- Country: London
- Scholarship Type: Partially Funded
- Institutions: University College London (UCL)
- Funded by: UCL
- Tuition Type: Bursary payment
- Degree Program: Postgraduate Studies
- Scholarship Amount: £15,000
- Separate Application Required?: Not needed
- Deadline: 7 May, 2024
The UCL Global Masters Scholarship is designed to empower and motivate international students from lower-income backgrounds to undertake full-time Master’s degree programs at UCL.
- For the academic year 2024/25, there will be as many as 85 scholarships available, with a targeted five set aside for students coming from India.
- Each bursary is valued at £15,000 and is designated for a one-year duration. However, if the recipient is enrolled in a full-time program lasting two years, the scholarship will be distributed evenly, with 50% allocated each year.
- Recipients of the UCL Global Masters Scholarship are permitted to accept additional scholarships, awards, studentships, or bursaries concurrently.
It should be noted that the sum of the UCL scholarship might be revised based on the aggregate value of any other financial support the student has been awarded.
Applicants may hail from any nation outside the United Kingdom, provided they meet all the criteria listed below:
- Must qualify to be charged the Overseas fee rate.
- Must originate from a lower-income background*.
- Must have submitted a fully completed admission application, which includes the provision of references, for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL for the 2024/25 academic year.
It’s important to note that distance-learning programs do not qualify for this funding; students must attend UCL in person in the UK.
How to Apply
For details on the application process, please visit the International Masters Awards page.
This scholarship is designated for the recipient’s tuition costs. If funds are left over, they will be distributed in three equal payments across the academic year for the recipient’s living expenses.
Financial need is the primary criterion for the scholarship’s award, which is granted following a recommendation from the Student Funding Office.
Candidates who are chosen for the 2024/25 academic year will receive notification by the end of June 2024.