- Country: Taiwan
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: Academia Sinica
- Funded by: Taiwan International Graduate Program
- Tuition Type: Partial Tuition
- Degree Program: PhD
- Scholarship Amount: NTD40, 000/ per month for one year
- Separate Application Required?: Yes
- Deadline: 1 February, 2024.
After being accepted, students in TIGP are granted a monthly stipend of NTD 40,000 for the initial year.
In case of excellent performance, this financial assistance will continue for an additional 2 years.
Following the period of scholarship or stipend provision, any additional financial aid will be subject to the discretion of individual thesis advisors.
To partake in this scholarship, the following are required:
- Degree in Science at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level,
- Proficiency in the English language,
- Completion of the GRE General test and, depending on the program, a Subject test (specific requirements may vary),
- Submission of an academic transcript for post-high school coursework,
- Receipt of three letters of reference,
- A statement of purpose.
How to apply
Thirteen sub-programs are available for selection. To explore a program of your interest, kindly click here to see the program’s introduction and admission requirements.
TIGP is a Ph.D. degree program that is collaboratively organized by Academia Sinica and leading national research universities in Taiwan. It offers a fully English-taught, research-focused environment, aiming to nurture and educate promising young scholars from Taiwan and around the world. To begin the online application process, please create an account on their website provided below. It is important to note that each applicant is only allowed to apply for one TIGP program.