- Country: Singapore
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: A*STAR
- Institutions: Top global universities
- Type: Monthly stipend covering the attachment in Singapore
- Degree Program: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
- Scholarship Amount: 1,500 to 2,000 SGD (1,118 to 1,492 USD) per month
- Deadline: 15th February 2023 (attachment period from July 2023) or 15th June 2023 (attachment period from November 2023)
This is a fully funded stipend for deserving international students at the undergraduate and master’s levels in certain scientific fields. It is available for those interested in working on a research project with Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Depending on the schedule of the attachment, the agency will pay out a monthly stipend of 1,500 to 2,000 SGD. The attachments range from 2 to 6 months.
You can check the list of fully funded scholarships for international students here.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Studying Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science or an Engineering related discipline
- Knowledge of English
- In their third or fourth year of studies for undergraduates
The scholarship is available to undergraduate and postgraduate students taking up the following degrees:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science
- Engineering and related disciplines
How to apply
1.Fill up the online application form.
2.Attach the following documents to the application:
Updated CV with a valid email address
3.Add the preferred research institute and research supervisor(s) the applicant wants to work with.
4.Submit the application.
Students who want to undergo an attachment at the Genome Institute of Singapore or the Bioinformatics Institute should directly contact the coordinator for placement. The email should include the CV and educational certificates/transcripts.
A*STAR might request a Letter of Support from the school of the applicant later on. The student should request this document from the school as the application is undergoing review.
Here are the documents that interested applicants must prepare:
- CV with updated contact details
- Educational certificates
- Transcripts of grades
- Letter of Support from the school
What is the period program?
The period program can last anywhere from two to six months long.
When is the deadline for the Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award?
There are two deadlines every year, depending on the intended schedule of the applicant. The first one is on February 15, 2023. The other is on June 15, 2023.
Am I eligible for the SIPGA?
Students of Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science, and Engineering fields are eligible. However, A*STAR might add more criteria depending on scholarship policies, which may change without notice.