Iranian food, and its artistic heritage, including literature, calligraphy, and architecture, are quite popular worldwide. How about getting a medical degree in Iran while enjoying their rich culture that too on a scholarship?
If you are looking for a scholarship opportunity in Iran in the field of medical sciences, look no more. The scholarships for Shiraz University of Medical Sciences are currently open. In this article, you are going to know about the benefits, eligibility criteria, and application procedure for SUMS Scholarships.
- Country: Iran
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Institutions: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
- Type: Partially or fully funded
- Degree Program: Undergraduate
- Deadline: There is no deadline for this scholarship. However, the applications are considered for the fall semester only.
The following programs are offered by the Shiraz University of Medical Sciences:
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Doctor of Pharmacy
SUMS offers Type A, type B, and Type C scholarships to international students. Let us see what benefits are provided to the students in each of these types:
Type C Scholarship
This scholarship covers all the expenses except for the expenses of English Language Courses and tuition fees. Type C scholarship is provided every year. The expenses it covers include furnished accommodation, registration fee, insurance, airport pickup, and expenses of Persian language courses (1 to 100 percent). How much your Persian language fee will be waived depends on the Scholarship Committee’s decision.
Type B Scholarship
This scholarship provides a full or partial tuition fee waiver to the scholarship recipient. However, the discount may vary depending upon the decision made by the Scholarship committee. The moral character and qualification of the student are mainly considered in deciding how much discount he can get on the annual tuition fee.
Type A Scholarship
Type A scholarship is for postgraduate students only. It is similar to Type B in the sense that the recipient will get the tuition fee waiver. In addition, the student will also receive a monthly stipend. Again, the evaluation is done according to the moral character and academic performance of the student.
You should meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Scholarship:
- All international students are eligible to apply for the SUMS scholarship.
- The student must be proficient in English and Persian. This is because the academic course will be taught in English for the first two years. The language will change to Persian from 2nd year onwards.
- Iran residents are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will be renewed every year depending on the student’s academic progress.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or an equivalent degree from an accredited institute.
- Candidates shouldn’t have dual citizenship if the first or second citizenship is from Iran.
How to Apply for SUMS Scholarship?
Before proceeding with the application process, you should collect all the documents to be attached to the application form. Here are the requirements of the application:
- Passport-size photo
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Proof of English Proficiency Tests like IELTS or TOEFL
- Transcripts of the mark sheet of your secondary and higher secondary schools.
- High-quality color scans of the main page of your passport in a graphic files format like PNG, JPEG, or PDF
It is important to note that you need to provide a copy of your school leaving certificate with official signatures/stamps. You should also provide the certificate for all the subjects you have taken in your secondary and higher secondary school. The certificates must mention the grades you have earned in each of your academic years.
Follow these steps to apply for the Shiraz University of Medical Sciences scholarship:
- Follow this link to sign in.
- Complete the form by filling in all the empty fields.
- Ensure that you provide the correct working email, as you will receive a verification link after submitting the form.
- Once you receive the link, click on it to activate your account. This way, you can log back into your account and complete the application process.
Your cover letter is the most important document that will be attached to your application form. It should include the details of which scholarship you seek to achieve and why you are the best candidate for that scholarship. A specialized scholarship committee at SUMS thoroughly goes through all the scholarship applications. All the applicants are informed via email once the selection process has been completed.