Studying overseas is the dream of many students looking to further their education and build a promising career. New Zealand is one of the many countries that offer scholarship programs to international candidates. If you are considering studying in New Zealand but don’t know how to go about it, or you are unsure if it is worth it, don’t fret. Today, we will examine how New Zealand’s Scholarships can benefit you and endow you with a valuable profession. Stay tuned.
- Country: New Zealand
- Scholarship Type: Merit-based
- Offered by: Government of New Zealand
- Institutions: All Universities in New Zealand.
- Type: Fully Funded one-time scholarship
- Degree Program: Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.
- Scholarship Amount: Varies according to candidate and kind of scholarship.
- Deadline: Feb 2024 (Estimated.Yet to Open).
The government of New Zealand has made it possible for international students to submit applications online for scholarship programs to study in New Zealand.
Studying in New Zealand guarantees you attain a degree, but as an eligible candidate, you also get to experience a culture and lifestyle that will develop your mind. All international students opting for a Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. program can apply for New Zealand Scholarships.
Find fully funded scholarships for international students here.
Types Of Government Scholarships In New Zealand
International students who fall under the list of eligible candidates can apply for the following types of New Zealand Government Scholarships.
- Scholarships for Post-Graduate And Undergraduate Studies
Eligible international students in this type of scholarship get to study full-time at an institution in New Zealand.
- Short-term Training Scholarships For Citizens Of Timor-Leste And Pacific Countries
These types of scholarships are short-term and aid skill discovery and development and work experience for workers. The New Zealand government offers this scholarship to candidates from Timor-Leste and Pacific countries.
- Short-term Training Scholarships For Citizens of Timor-Leste and South East Asia
The New Zealand government gives this scholarship to prospects from Timor-Leste and Pacific countries. This type of scholarship assists in skill training for workers from Timor-Leste and Southeast Asian countries.
- NZELTO (New Zealand Scholarships on English Language Training For Officials)
These are short-term scholarships involving English Language training in New Zealand for candidates from eligible African and Asian countries.
Benefits Of New Zealand Government Scholarships
New Zealand Government Scholarship has a couple of benefits associated with it. These benefits include;
- Full academic tuition waiver
- Lodging allowance
- Return flight tickets
- Cost of academic materials
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipends
Eligibility Criteria For New Zealand Government Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for New Zealand scholarships, you must meet the following criteria.
- Candidates must fill in the criteria for eligibility on the website.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- All applicants must meet the student visa requirements before applying for a New Zealand scholarship.
- Depending on your institution of choice, you must meet the English language and academic entry requirements to qualify for a scholarship.
- Work experience is needed if you are a postgraduate applicant.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for a New Zealand Government Scholarship, do well to have these documents handy before starting the online application process for a New Zealand Government Scholarship.
- A means of personal identification like a passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Scholarships CV
- Copies of transcripts and certificates in all qualifications you have.
- The grade assessment schedule used at your previous institutions.
- Certified copies of your IELTS test results within the last year.
- Letter of Intent
- Two original letters of recommendation by professors
- Letter of motivation showing valid points why you are eligible for a New Zealand government scholarship.
- A research proposal showing your creative idea
- If employed, a description of your current job, position title, duties, and responsibilities.
How To Submit An Application for New Zealand Govt. Scholarship
To apply for New Zealand govt scholarships successfully, you will need to follow these steps when submitting your application;
- Go to the New Zealand Scholarship application site.
- Select your country. The precise scholarship application procedure for your country will be displayed.
- Create an account on the online application network
- Choose the type of scholarship you want and the country you desire to apply for the scholarship program.
- Fill out the New Zealand scholarship application form
- Attach the necessary files with the application form
- Go through your application again to ensure there are no errors.
- Submit your application
Note that the application forms are only accessible between the opening and closing dates.
There you go, everything you need to know about New Zealand scholarships and how to apply for one. If you desire to further your education in New Zealand on scholarships, this article will be helpful to you.