If you’re an international student looking to study in France, this opportunity might interest you!
- Country: France
- Funded by: Sciences Po
- Type: Merit+ Social factors/Both Fully and Partial funding
- Education level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate/Ph.D.
- Duration: 1 to 4 years
- Deadline: 3rd December 2023 (For Masters)/21st Feb 2024 for Others
About the Emily Boutmy Scholarship
Emily Boutmy Scholarships are fully funded opportunities for international students wanting to study in France. To increase the diversity of the student population in France, the French Embassy & the French Ministry of Higher Education & Research introduced the scholarship. Students from English-speaking countries as well as Francophone countries are welcome to apply. Applications will be accepted until 3rd Dec, 2023 (For Masters).
The Emily Boutmy scholarship provides these benefits.
The Emily Boutmy scholarship provides these benefits to international students who want to study in France. They are,
- Assistance with tuition fees
- Housing and travel support
- Funds for living expenses up to €1800 per month
- A one-time start-up grant of €1,000
- French language classes and orientation sessions in Paris ;
- Individualized mentoring throughout their stay in France.
- From this program, a student receives a total of €10,000 per year
- Sports activities are also encouraged for the candidate
Emily Boutmy scholarship Coverage
– Tuition fee assistance: 100%
– Living Expenses: 100%
– One time Start Up Grant: 100%
– Mentoring (individualized): 100%
– French Language Classes (in Paris): 100%
– Orientation Sessions (in Paris): 100%
– Sports Activities Encouraged: 100%.
The Emily Boutmy Scholarship Awarded for Bachelors Degree Program
For Bachelor’s Program
- The Émile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students starting their first year of studies at Sciences Po.
- The scholarship offers several levels of tuition grants for the three-year undergraduate program:
- A grant of €14,210 per year.
- A grant of €9,500 per year.
- A grant of €6,500 per year.
- A grant of €3,900 per year.
- If a student fails to validate their academic year, they will lose the scholarship.
- If a scholarship recipient decides to defer their admission, the scholarship will be lost.
For Master’s Degree Program
The scholarship provides a tuition grant of €13,100 per year for each year, partially covering tuition fees for the two years of the Master’s degree program.
Emily Boutmy Scholarships are available to international students.
The Emily Boutmy Scholarships are available to international students from all countries who will be enrolled at a French higher education institution (public or private) starting in the academic year. This scholarship is awarded to disadvantaged students who have financial difficulties and are not eligible for any other funding. It provides them with full tuition fees for the entire duration of their studies.
Who can apply for Emily Boutmy Scholarships?
Every candidate must meet the following eligibility norms:
- Students who are non-EU citizens and want to study in France are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a strong academic background
- Speak fluent English
- Be motivated to pursue an international career
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Student must be a first-time applicant
- The student’s household must not be a European Union taxpayer
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, or gender.
How to apply?
The enrollment process for the project is available from Oct, 2023, to Dec, 2023. If you would like to apply, you must be at least 18, not a French citizen, and be outside France at the time of application. If you plan to go on to graduate school, your GPA must be at least 3.2 at the undergraduate level or 3.5 at the graduate level. There are also certain language requirements for applicants, which can be found in more detail on the website.
International applicants are required to mention their application for the Émile Boutmy scholarship within the “Financial Information” section of their Sciences Po application form.
- Go to the Emily Boutmy scholarship webpage.
- To apply, fill out the online form with your contact information, nationality (if other than French), university affiliation, and reasons for applying.
- You will need a passport-sized photo attached and an unofficial copy of your high school diploma or proof of registration (a screenshot) with an English translation if needed.
- It is important to note that you must translate all documents into French to complete the submission process. Applications without translations may be disqualified.
- After submitting, you will receive an email confirming receipt within one week, then another email informing you that your application has been received successfully.
- One month later, you will receive an email stating whether or not you have been selected for an interview. If selected for an interview, there will be three interviews, including Skype interviews over video chat.
- Finalists are notified about their selection after the final round of interviews.
- Finally, we congratulate the winners who will study abroad in France and enjoy this wonderful opportunity.
What is the deadline?
The deadline is 25th Feb, 2024. Applications will be open from November 7th, 2022, to April 10th, 2023.
What do I need to apply?
You need to create an account & fill in your application form as soon as possible with all the required information. Once you’ve done this, you will receive a confirmation email that your scholarship has been saved in our system. From there, the only thing left to do is wait until the next semester starts so you can find out if you have been selected or not.
What are my chances of being selected?
It depends on how many applications we receive & how well-qualified they are. If we get many applications, it is unlikely you will be accepted into the program, but if few people apply, then it is more likely that you will get in.
If you are interested in applying, please visit the website & review the eligibility requirements & apply before the deadline. Good luck with your application!