The SBW Berlin Scholarship program has been offering international students full funding to study and live in Berlin, Germany, since 2013. If you’re interested, this article goes in-depth about this scholarship program & its benefits.
- Country of origin: Germany
- Funded by: SBW Berlin
- Type: Fully funded
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree, Masters’ degree
- Duration: As per chosen program of study
- Deadline: 15th May to 30th June & Nov 15th to 31st Dec [Every year]
Coverage of the scholarship program
An SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- In our Berlin student apartment, a room
- Cost of Living Allowance as per section IX
- Tuition fees are part of a scholarship
- Allowance for travel to and from Berlin to your home
All students must meet the following criteria:
- The required language is English
- Countries eligible: All
- Age limit: Between 18-30 years of age
- To qualify, applicants should have completed the first, second, or maximum third semester at a state-recognized university within Germany or elsewhere or be applying for a Master’s degree shortly before or after completing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have average grades equate to a GPA of at least 2.0 on the German scale.
- Applicants must have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
- Applicants with limited financial resources will receive assistance with their scholarship application through SBW Berlin’s mentoring program. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as only a limited number of scholarships will be awarded this year.
How to Apply?
Please visit SBW’s website to learn more about the requirements and application process. Here are the steps to be followed by applicants while applying for the scholarship.
1. Fill out an online application form.
2. Upload your academic transcripts.
3. Submit your CV & a letter of motivation.
4. Send in proof of proficiency in English.
5. Provide any other information that is requested on the form.
6. SBW will contact you if you qualify for the scholarship within ten days of submitting your application.
7. If you are awarded the scholarship, you will receive confirmation from SBW within two weeks after acceptance.
SBW invites all aspiring scholars to apply as early as possible. All eligible applicants will have a chance to experience life in one of the most dynamic cities in Germany-Berlin and gain exposure to new ideas & perspectives.
The following documents are required & must be submitted by the applicant.
- One or two-page motivation letter
- Copy of the certificate, which includes your grade point average from your university or last school
- Copy of the certificate of your highest academic degree or diploma with an average grade point
- Proof of your university entrance qualification
- You must have a copy of an internationally recognized language certificate in the language your course will be taught
- All previous work, education, & work-related experiences, including certification & recommendation letters.
- Please provide details about all university certificates & achievements you have achieved so far if you have already begun studying.
- You must include a letter of recommendation from your professor, schoolteacher, or employer.
- Income proof for the household
- Provide Information about
- Members of your family & your parents
- Official copy of your latest academic record
- The highest qualification from an educational institution
- Degree obtained at the highest level
- Career aspirations & current occupation
- Some forms of training, like vocational, have admission requirements.
- Professional experience & internships
- Interests, skills, & hobbies
- Overseas travel experience
- Experience with volunteering
– Can international students apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is open to international students.
– How do I apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship?
Visit our website, and you’ll learn all you need about the application process.
– When is the application deadline?
The deadline for applying is March 15th, 2024. Please make sure you submit your application well before that date, as it takes a few weeks for us to process your application and send you an email confirming receipt of your completed form and credentials.
– What if my application still needs to be completed by March 15th? What happens?
If you still need to submit your complete application by March 15th, we will assume that you are not interested in this scholarship opportunity. – If anything is missing from your application (e.g., transcripts or reference letters), please let us know so we can help you get those together as quickly as possible.
All enclosed documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably in German or English. Scholarships are usually awarded for the following semester at the beginning of February or August. Visit the official website for more details at https://sbw.berlin/en/sbw-berlin-scholarship/ now!