Established in 1967, Prince of Songkla is the first university in Southern Thailand. The main purpose of founding the university was to improve the education standards of the region, thus helping the regional economy and industries thrive.
At present, Prince of songkla university is one of the top leading public universities around the world, dedicated to academic excellence. PSU is known for its numerous global records and achievements in teaching and empowering its youth. PSU has contributed outstandingly to its nation’s development and produced highly qualified graduates. The foundation of PSU is based upon progressivism, with the dream to help students excel in all disciplines.
PSU also provides Ph.D. scholarships to students around the world. PSU Ph.D. scholarships are fully-funded. These scholarships provide a monthly allowance (10,000Baht) that covers living expenses , academic fees, health insurance and accident insurance during your scholarship period in Thailand.
We will provide you with all the required information related to PSU Ph.D. scholarships (2023).
. Study level: PhD
. Institution: Prince of Songkla University (PSU)
. Country: Thailand
. Focus area: Dentistry
. Discipline period: Three years
Scholarship opens in November every year.
Ph.D. scholarships provided by Prince of Songkla University (PSU) cover:
. Monthly allowance (currently: 10,000Baht) that covers living expenses and educational expenses
. Academic fee
. Travel expenses from the home country at the start and the end 0f the scholarship term
. Health and accident insurance during the scholarship period
Ph.D. courses offered by PSU:
- Doctor of pharmaceutical sciences
- Doctors of philosophy in biomedical
- Doctors of philosophy in aquatic science
- Doctors of philosophy in biochemistry
- Doctors of philosophy in Ph.D. chemistry
- Ph.D. in education innovation and leadership
- Ph.D. in Environmental management
- Ph.D. in Microbiology
- Doctors of philosophy in Molecular biology
- Doctors of Philosophy in Nursing Science
- Doctors of philosophy in Oral health science
- Doctors of philosophy in Organic chemistry
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical care
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Physiology
- Ph.D. in Botany, plant science
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science
- Ph.D. in Research Methodology
- Doctors of philosophy in Tropical agricultural resources
These are the Ph.D. courses offered by Prince of Songkla University (PSU), Thailand.
You need to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the Prince of Songkla University (PSU) scholarships:
- Required language: English
- Eligible countries: All countries around the world
- Submit a record of your previous academic excellence and achievements in the recent qualification.
- Must not be holding a scholarship from some other foreign agency
- Must not be holding contemporary Australian citizenship or New Zealand citizenship.
- International students with excellent academic records and research experience are preferred
- The student must match and fulfill the scholarship’s requirement for the subject in which he is applying
- The student must have basic English skills.
- The scholar must not have a part-time job and must be a full-time student.
- The student must prepare and perform the research with diligence
- Once an applicant has been selected for a particular scholarship, the scholar is expected to complete his program with determination within the given time frame and cannot change to a different discipline of study.
If you are planning to apply for the scholarship program, you must fulfill these criteria to be eligible for PSU scholarship.
English language proficiency requirements:
Basic English language skills are necessary to study in different global institutes. For admission in PSU, Ph.D. applicants have to clear an English language Proficiency test and present a certificate that is valid for 2 years from the test date until the first date of the class at PSU. Different tests require different scores to be considered for language proficiency.
- An average score of at least 50% in 3 skills (Reading, listening and writing) in PSU-TEP
- a minimum score of 50% in CU-TEP
- a minimum score of 450 in TOEFL (PAPER-BASED)
- a minimum score of 34 in TOEFL (Revised paper-Delivered test)
- a minimum score of 470 in TOEFL (Institutional testing program)
- a minimum score of 133 in TOEFL (Computer-based)
Procedure to apply and required documents:
You have to follow the following instructions to apply for the Prince of Songkla University (PSU) scholarship:
- Head on to the official website of Prince of Songkla University (PSU) to get the application form.
- After downloading the form, fill in your personal information.
- Submit the following documents:
- A copy of English proficiency certificate.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- A certified copy of your previous academic excellence record with grades and grade point average in English.
- Statement of purpose for scholarship (Approximately 800 words )
- Research description/plan details.
- A medical certificate.
4.Submit the application after proofreading all the information
For further details, you can check out the official website of the Prince of Songkla University https://en.psu.ac.th/