Are you considering getting the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship at the University of Toronto this school year? This post will help you with how.
What is Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship?
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. It is intended to recognize international students who show outstanding academic achievements and creativity and are recognized as school leaders. This chance is for undergraduates who want to pursue their academic careers in one of the world’s best universities – the University of Toronto.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship is awarded annually to nominated undergraduates by their high schools, with their nomination based on their extraordinary academic performance. Each year 37 undergraduates are awarded the scholarship. So, how to apply for the scholarship?
University: The University of Toronto
Type: Fully Funded Tuition Fees
Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree Program
University of Toronto Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- Deadline for student nomination: November 30, 2022
- Deadline for the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) application: December 14, 2022 (It is highly recommended to apply for admission through OUAC before November 7, 2022, as most of the popular programs close early because of the admissions).
- Pearson Scholarship Deadline: January 16, 2023
Fields of Study
The qualified Pearson scholars may choose their study field from the following 700 undergraduate programs:
- Commerce and Management
- Computer Science
- Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Life Sciences
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Pearson Scholarship Coverage
There are several reasons to take advantage of the Lester B. Person International Scholarship at the University of Toronto in Canada; these reasons include the following:
- Full-tuition fees for 4 years of the chosen degree.
- Book allowances.
- The scholarship fully covers the incidental costs.
- Full residence support for 4 years while studying in Canada.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The nominated international student will be subjected to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program and meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- An international student/an international student currently studying in Canada (Non-Canadian).
- The student must not be a Canadian national.
- No exempted countries
- The student knows how to speak English.
- The applicant must be nominated by their school or college.
- The aspiring must be a student in their final year of secondary school.
- The applicant must be a high achiever, enthusiastic about learning, and demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- The applicant must be a creative thinker and have good behavioral qualities.
- If the applicant has already graduated, he or she may apply, as long as they did not graduate earlier than June 2022.
- The applicant intends to begin his studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023.
- Students currently attending post-secondary studies or who will start their post-secondary studies by January 2023 at any institute are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be first-entry graduates.
How to apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship program?
If you are interested in becoming a Pearson scholar, here is an application instruction on how to get into the scholarship program.
- Get a nomination from your school.
One of the essential requirements to get the scholarship is a nomination from your school or institute. If the interested student wants to apply for the program, he or she must talk to the school guidance counsellor to get nominated.
- The applicant’s school must get verified.
Before the applicants can complete the application process, they must ensure that their schools are contacted and verified to apply for the scholarship. If the school did not receive any message from the program council, the school might apply for participation here.
Visit the University of Toronto’s website through their Apply page to begin your application process. Choose the program carefully you wish to pursue; the Pearson Scholarship will be granted to your first choice of program. Although students may apply for several programs and get admission, the scholarship is often granted to the first choice. So, choose carefully.
- Complete the application process
Once the nomination is received and the application to the university is made, a personalized and secured link from the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship will be provided. And then, the applicant may complete the online application process.
Required Documents for Pearson Scholarship
- Education transcripts
- Copy of valid passport
- Updated Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- A sample of written work
- GRE Certificate scores
- Study Plan Essay for MS Degree Applicants
- Letters of recommendation from two of your previous professors
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
Frequently Asked Questions
#1: How to nominate students?
The school gives nominations. If you are a guidance counsellor or a headmaster, you may nominate an academically outstanding student to get the scholarship. To do that, the Enrolment Services must verify the school by applying to participate in the program. Once the school is verified, the school will receive nomination forms and instructions.
Verified schools will be contacted annually through email and receive personalized and secured nomination forms.
#2: When is the right time to nominate?
The nomination usually starts at the beginning of September. This year the nomination for Parson Scholar is on November 30, 2022.
#3: Can the school nominate more than one student?
Unfortunately, since The Pearson Scholarship is designed to recognize the top students around the globe, only one student per year can a school nominate. So, if you are a student wishing to get a scholarship, prove that you are worth it. Schools are encouraged to nominate students with the best academic and behavioral qualities, enough to become a Lester B. Pearson scholar.
#4: When will the student be notified?
If the applicant gets the scholarship, he or she will receive the decision by the end of April 2023.
#5: What if the nominated student hasn’t applied to the University of Toronto?
Even though the school may nominate a student, who has not applied for admission to the University of Toronto, it is a requirement that the nominee should apply for admission at the said university to get the Pearson Scholarship program.
Official website: https://future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about/